Opponent shadow drawing distance & rain effects

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by flitzi, Sep 15, 2013.

1. flitzi

flitzi Registered

Hey guys,

been racing some rF2 lately and really enjoying it!

I've some questions:
    -Is there a way to adjust the opponent car shadow drawing distance? It's way too short imho, and when it disappears the cars look really strange, like hovering around. Shadow quality seems to have no effect on drawing distance, and I haven't found anything in PLR file. Would be great if I could somehow increase it.

-rF2 is the only sim so far where I'm really enjoying the rain physics. But rain graphics are lacking behind, there isn't any windshield rain effect at all !?! or am I missing something. In 2010 we were shown some WIP screenshots(http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-new-rain-effect-preview-qa-session), when can we expect to see something like that in the sim?

-Engaging reverse gear: I'd like to shift into reverse by using down shift button. There is an "auto reverse" option, what does it do? Right now I have to bind a separate button for reverse gear, right? Even if somehow realistic, I think it's not necessary in the sim, or at least should be optional.

-starting lights: On some tracks it's impossible to see the starting light from some grid positions. Some virtual starting lights would help a lot!

Other than that, as I said, I'm really enjoying rF2! FPS performance could be better sometimes, but I think it's mainly down to the tracks, so probably not much you can do about it other than keep constantly improving, which I know you are! Keep it up, great work!

Cheers,
    flitzi

2. flitzi

flitzi Registered

Regarding engaging reverse gear: Seems like it's car dependant, for some cars it IS possible to select reverse gear by shifting down. Would like to know if there is a setting so it works for all cars, and of course also anything about the other things. So if someone knows something please let me know :)

Thx.