Can't Update

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by BrianLab, Sep 11, 2013.

1. BrianLab

BrianLab Registered

Hi

I haven't done an update in ages ( I'm still on Build 198 ) I have done the usual, like got my password reset & reactivated.

When i press auto update it shows the launcher 0.654 as not responding. I even tried the Query which said it was going to download Build 300 but then it as not responding.

I guess many things have changed here. what's my best course of actions guys ? :)

Thx :)

2. MJP

MJP Registered

Launcher v0.654 is in B198 and that had/has a known problem with being unable to use the auto update feature.

If your B198 install is working ok just download and install the Lite Build 300 over the top, alternatively you could just do a fresh install with the Lite Build 300. Might be an idea to keep any downloaded track/cars/skins and setups somewhere safe beforehand though.

Just to add, you don't have to install to the default locations if you don't want to, you don't have to separate 'core' and 'Data' locations either and yes you can have multiple installs if you want to.

3. Ed Straker

Ed Straker Registered

It always amazes me with these 'Automatic'update installers,if the darn thing is not working,why the heck don't the developers fix it,or if this is way down on their priority list why don't they just remove the blessed thing so to stop confusion!

4. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Hard to fix the fact that some people are still on 198, the only build that refuses to update. That is indeed amazing :) .