Clean installs and activations but I always get failed verification files.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iudegrado, Sep 11, 2013.

1. iudegrado

iudegrado Registered

Hi all!. This is my first post in the forum.

After several attempts following the correct steps of a clean install of the ‘rFactor2 Content Sampler Build 300’ from the ISI's Support e-mail (and activated my account in the Launcher) my rFactor2 starts perfect. I can play off-line, I can even enter into the servers, but when I click on 'Race' button to enter into the tracks (Practice or Race) then rF2 crashes to desktop. When I click on 'Verify' (in Launcher's 'Purchase' tab) I always get the following 'failed verification files'. I paste only the failed verification files and I've colored just to better differentiate the folders.

- I've read all ISI forum posts related to Buid 300 and possible errors.
    - I've tried all your ISI's Support instructions from your e-mail support:

- Uninstalled rFactor2 using the uninstall feature (Uninstall.exe in rF2 main folder).
    - Deleted the entire rFactor2 installation folder, and all rFactor2 related folder in My Documents (removed all user data files).
    - Deleted my local license file and any hidden system file in 'C:\Users\(me)\AppData\Roaming\.rFactor' folder,
    - After each rF2 uninstall I delete any remaining rF2 folders or files (and .rFactor folder). I even use CCleaner to clean the registry.
    - Once deleted my license file, I've reactivated my rF2 in 'Activate' ('Reactivate' button doesn't exist) in Launcher Purchase's tab.
    - I run rF2 with the minimum content only and with NO 3rd party community created mods/addons/plugins.

- Downloaded (from rfactor.net) and tried rFactor2 Content Sampler Build 300 clean install, and same failed verifications files,
    - Downloaded (from rfactor.net) and tried rFactor2 rFactor2 LITE Build 300 and get same failed verifications files,
    - Tried downloading again both exe's (Lite and Content exe's) but always get same failed verifications files.

- My GeForce GTS 450 graphic card is updated to v.320.49 WHQL drivers (1-7-2013) and I'm using standard configuration.
    - My OS is Windows 7 Professional 64bits recently updated from Windows Update.
    - My PC works perfect. Not overclocking. No problems with other programs, games or temperatures.

Please, help.

2. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

I would also like to know this. It's been going on for a long time now, not just Build 300. Thanks.

Scott

3. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Is this a reason why some of us have [​IMG] under our name instead of [​IMG] ?

Scott

4. MJP

MJP Registered

@ iudegrado
    I always get this when installing 'Core' and 'Data' into separate folders, it's been this way since the very 1st build, as long as the game works don't worry about it.

The .rFactor folder contains your activation file, if you keep deleting it you're going to run out of activations and will need them to be reset.

Just to add, you don't have to install to the default locations if you don't want to, you don't have to separate 'core' and 'Data' locations either and yes you can have multiple installs if you want to.

@Scott
    It's because you haven't synced your forum account with your rF2 account.

5. iudegrado

iudegrado Registered

Thanks a lot MJP, but I always install rFactor2 with the default structure,
    so my UserData and Core folders are in the rFactor2 main folder, and
    the credentials (in .rFactor folder) at C:\Users\(me)\AppData\Roaming\.rFactor
    I will try tonight to reinstall everything again.

Thanks anyway, MJP.

6. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

That doesn't seem like the correct answer (I don't want to sound like a know it all, because I don't). I believe what you may be saying is, a person needs to sync to get either of these icons. Is this what you were saying?

Scott

7. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Maybe what I should have asked is, Do I have one of the nonvalidated icons under mine? Because I don't see it on my end.

Scott

8. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Hover your mouse over the icon... a tooltip will tell you what it means.

9. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Sorry, I know that, but it still doesn't answer the question, Does it?

Scott

10. iudegrado

iudegrado Registered

thanks everyone for all the good advice. Now the verification are errors but I can play offline and online. solved!!

11. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

How do you validate rf2 on this forum? I just noticed I don't have the icon under my name either. Also I have the same problem as OP, after a few clean installs many of my files fail validation check...