rFactor 2 crash to desktop when pressing 'start'

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Jan-Pieter Inghels, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Jan-Pieter Inghels

Jan-Pieter Inghels Registered

Hello everyone, I was checking in for some rFactor 2 racing today, but when I press the race button once the track is loaded, rfactor just crashes.

This is a part of the problem report.
    It's not only the IsR-Clio-1-09, but many other mods.
    Deleting the mods does not seem to solve the problem.

Mod "-IsR-Clio-1-09- 1.09" references a non-existent component "Belgium1966 1.0".
    Mod "-IsR-Clio-1-09- 1.09" references a non-existent component "ClioCup_Talent 1.0".
    Mod "-IsR-Clio-1-09- 1.09" references a non-existent component "LongBeach12 0.9".
    Mod "-IsR-Clio-1-09- 1.09" contains an updated component "Malaysia 1.2" no base component installed.
    Mod "-IsR-Clio-1-09- 1.09" references a non-existent component "Malaysia 1.2".
    Mod "-IsR-Clio-1-09- 1.09" references a non-existent component "MillsMetro 1.3".
    Mod "-IsR-Clio-1-09- 1.09" contains an updated component "MonteCarlo1966 1.1" no base component installed.
    Mod "-IsR-Clio-1-09- 1.09" references a non-existent component "MonteCarlo1966 1.1".
    Mod "-IsR-Clio-1-09- 1.09" references a non-existent component "PocoyoPark 1.05".
    Mod "-IsR-Clio-1-09- 1.09" contains an updated component "Portugal 1.2" no base component installed.
    Mod "-IsR-Clio-1-09- 1.09" references a non-existent component "Portugal 1.2".
    Mod "-IsR-Clio-1-09- 1.09" references a non-existent component "Putnam_Park 0.91".
    Mod "-IsR-Clio-1-09- 1.09" references a non-existent component "Renault_ClioCup 1.0".

Thanks in advance!

2. stonec

stonec Registered

You have a mod which requires some very old versions of tracks to run. You probably have newer versions of all those tracks installed, so the mod won't run.

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Some mods interfere somehow with other mods. If you have any of the Chappielike mods, uninstall them. I have had this issue with a lot of mods and now I have 3 rF2 installs and I have put certain interfering mods in different installs so they don't butt heads.

I don't think it has anything to do with tracks but changes in tires in mods has made a difference with this issue.

4. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

To Build 298 i had to make a clean Install , delate all Contend and other Things in folders , only the Setups/Track Map/Wheel Setting was then there , and exe crashed so much....Got the prob since a~jear , but now its horrible . Most time it is when Qually is ending and i am in the box , or when i on Track go to Side that i can press exit to go to box , when i go then i got contact wall or so exe crashed , its only in MP , im not so much in SP , but there no crashes . Its the second sys i got since rF2 , got the prob whit and without OC ...

5. RAY6077

RAY6077 Registered

I have the same problem since Yestrday -.- Every mod and every Track crashed when i want go on the Track.

6. elsnibo

elsnibo Registered

I am also having this issue. All tracks and cars. Have done a full install and have continued to have problem. Using Build 300. Also noticed that resuming play from replay was causing a lock-up in FR2.

7. elsnibo

elsnibo Registered

As suggested before, this turned out to be mod related. I had used BitTorrent Sync to keep my tracks updated and when I reinstalled mod manager rescanned and installed the tracks. I manually uninstalled the tracks, cleaned the search directory for mod manager and then did a release 300 content install. This seems to have set things right.

Snibo

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Delete -IsR-Clio-1-09- 1.09?

9. 88mphTim

Could you maybe tell us about those mods, so we can stop it happening?

10. 88mphTim

Any other crashing. Uninstall third party mods and plugins, reinstall them until you find which one causes it, then TELL US what caused it, otherwise we don't know because we cannot check every third party mod.