Do we really need this sort of rubbish

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ozspeedfreak, Sep 10, 2013.

1. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

If they named it something reasonable I might be tempted to try it....... only to find the immature, wrecking .....bla bla bla. At least this way I save myself the trouble. :)

2. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

And by whatever tiniest of chances that it's not full of wreckers but actually decent drivers....you would have lost out.

3. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

That is a risk I am willing to take. :)

4. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

Someone just wanted some attention and he got what he want plus some advertising on the forums for free :p
    Ignoring stuff like that is the best thing to do.

5. N0body Of The Goat

N0body Of The Goat Registered

+1, good mod name! :p

6. Duvel

Duvel Registered

lol, whoops. Sorry, this was my server and was not intended to insult anyone or rf2 in general. It was from my frustration after taking a 2 month break from rf2 to remember how to make the vmod work for myself and a few friends, so on the third attempt (grr) I named it a silly name just to vent the frustration of everyone waiting 30 min to play. I guess it was an inside joke. You can imagine my face when I saw this thread!

I guess it does bring up the idea that perhaps there should be a filter on naughty words, but I think only I would be stupid enough to make a mod name like this :)

And no, there was no wrecking going on there, I would never tolerate this, all was perfectly fine. Will remake the mod with a normal name for next time now it's been highlighted as poor taste.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013
  7. Duvel

Duvel Registered

OK, renamed for next time with my true feelings for rf2 :)

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

8. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

hahaha....now lets stone him for his crime! lol

You did nothing wrong Duvel...name it what you like.

9. tjc

tjc Registered

As long as there`s no swearing...

:p

10. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Isn't it funny how a waveform made by someones mouth or other orifice, or a collection of letters arranged in a certain order, can cause so much emotion or even a conception or misconception of somebodies age, sex, upbringing, and persona. Not to mention how badly they drive if such utterances or writing are something they do. We are all doomed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69aHSMgp3-o

11. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Fair play to you Duvel, and having read the reason I can empathise, some of the folders on my computer have names that reflect similar frustrations ;)

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

In which language? What specific words?

This is why pretty much every software says online interaction is not rated - if they bother to have a rating at all these days when selling online only. You can't control text chat, voice chat, stuff like that in every way in every language. It's one of the 'perils' of being online. Children will be children, no matter how physically old they are.

As someone else said, it should be your first indicator of how they probably drive. But I don't want to be offensive to children by saying children drive as badly. :)

13. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

LOL

14. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

hahaha

15. Duvel

Duvel Registered

I explained my reason. People swear, Tim. No offence was meant, but in your post, offence seems intended. I'm 33 years old, and it was just a joke which was funny at the time to those who had waited 30 minutes to race, but I forgot others may see it while searching and find it in poor taste and have since changed the name. The trolling child would have kept the name and not even bothered to post here, or apologise. Maybe what you wrote was meant generally speaking, but felt written mainly towards me specifically...

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It was. Hence the usage of "they" rather than "Duvel". :)

17. Duvel

Duvel Registered

okie doke :) I agree in principle.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I rather someone have a room name then all the Aholes come on never say Hi , Bye or sfa

What did your mothers teach you for ffs.

Just because you don't like my opinions and warped views of the sim world you come into my home ( room ) and say nothing, I don't want to name and shame people, they know who they are.

sloppy :p

So called "Pros" are the worst offenders of swearing, as soon as they get a few bad starts they get their knickers in a knot.

BTW: Look at real motorsport, tell me, who is it always spitting the dummy, throwing steering wheels, whinging about anything and everything
    Not the club racer ......it is always the Pros that think their doodoo don't stink. ? p

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013