Custom Skins No Longer Being Applied

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by lopsided, Sep 10, 2013.

1. lopsided

lopsided Registered

When choosing a Custom Skin in the tuning menu, it's name will show in the Variants selection, however, it will not apply to the car, the default skin is the only one that will show. My skins, and those that have been downloaded when league racing have always shown up. I haven't changed anything. My names are the correct length and are saved in the correct DDS format.
    Again, they have always worked...both my own and the skins of others. I even made another new one, same results. It's name shows up but is not applied.
    If I chose it anyway and go to Race, it does not appear.

I can't find anything that I could have changed that would have this result. Ideas?

I have done 2 fresh installs from the Lite version, same results.

2. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Strange all working fine here ... anyone else ?

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Fine here also. Any time I've had someone say this so far, it's been an issue with the file name or the path they were using. Remember if it's a repack, it might not be the directories of the ISI releases, or vice-versa.

4. lopsided

lopsided Registered

Names are fine, files are in correct folder and the file name shows in Variants... It's got me stumped.

Oh, and when I chose the custom skin and then go on the server it shows the red to green loading process but no custom skin shows.

5. kro388th

kro388th Registered

It sounds like "transfer skins" is off ..? in single player/ settings/display make sure the box is ticked .. ? cant think of anything else ..

6. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Just downloaded a camaro skin and went on ISR nordi and it worked fine for me. It took 15ish seconds to show the alt skin in the spinner window, does it show the custom skin in the spinner?

7. lopsided

lopsided Registered

Well, here's how I solved it... I had done 2 clean installs of rF2 lite and could not get it to work. Re-downloaded rF2 lite, did a 3rd clean install and it now works. Not sure if that means my first download (from ISI website) got corrupted somehow or what. At this point I'm just glad it's working again as I have more skins to view. :)