300 build reflections and strange fog!!!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Sep 9, 2013.

1. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Reflections are basicly crap at this moment, the fresnel values are not working as before and they are completly off at this moment. Not sure why was that changed overall!!??? We had working reflections that worked good and now everything is destroyed, again!

Than in dev mod what ever track or car i get fog and it goes from zero to full fog when i look the car on outside view, well devmode as it is its completly unusable at the moment.

And ive tested this on completly clean 300 install.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013
  2. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

I forgot dev mode long time ago, do straight to normal mode.

For me the reflection works fine, i can not say exactly, BUT, was a change in how rf2 interpret specular maps betwen 240 to 298 and then back in 300 to 240 levels.

I can not say exactly because that was i notice but will be good to moders something a little more technical than "GRAPHICS: Made some improvements to reflection mapping".

3. UnitedRacingDesign

How do you do straight to normal mode? I prefer dev mode if its allready there or is there a way to make actually without packaging in single mode?

Well reflections seem not use the right fresnel values sofar from the view angles they should.

4. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Just make the normal package process. :)

5. UnitedRacingDesign

well i dont want to package actually everything all the time, especially when doing physics, tweaking small bits that makes it to long process than.

6. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

I dont know how many cars or files do you have but my biggest mod have 200 mb of sounds (1 mas file) and 45 car files (car, main and team files), uninstall old, install new and make the process pretty quick, like 15/20 seconds.

Even you can make one car component to test things.

Just a thought, you are a master.

7. UnitedRacingDesign

Well im allways tweaking stuff on quick ways and 3ds max export for single small parts, than for that i really dont want to pack all the time. It packs quickly but all this is not really usefull all the time, i rather pack stuff after some while when i think they are ready for sp.

8. UnitedRacingDesign

After more testing i get that fog issues on sp mode to. Im not sure but it looks like conflict with sp and dev modes as once i calibrate config for one mode the other one stops working properly but both have broken reflection fresnel values actually.

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I thought I was the only one. Reflections look dull. I have been loading up cars just to check out reflections and some are crisp but then they get blocky, others are not blocky but are dull. It seems to me in past builds reflections looked better... but I took such a FPS hit I couldn't use them. Now I can use them but they are crappy.

10. sugarfoot

sugarfoot Registered

Have you deleted the contents of the shader folder. I had the same problem but everything was blue.

11. UnitedRacingDesign

Did everything but ive done completly clean build300 install. Reflections were not just updated, they were completly downraged or just messed up.