Donington 2013

Discussion in 'Locations' started by INTEL48, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

bump

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
  2. Natureboy

Natureboy Registered

Man come on, I need to get to bed. Haha thanks!

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Thanks INTEL48, I love this track! The AI and RealRoad are fine, the track is stable with 298 and in only a few laps anyway, I didn't find any bugs that stop the racing. The only issue is graphical. FSAA doesn't work right. There is bad aliasing all around the track

View attachment 9732

I use in-game 6x (also tested with 8x) FSAA

Other than that, thanks for the track- Donny is one of the best tracks around!

4. Minibull

Minibull Member

Love the track, realroad works, no crazy lumpy track surface, seems real hilly and fun, but I found a few issues for me at least. After reading the above post, I'm wondering whats gone on XD

AI was all over the place, running deep and wide, and consistently doing so. Also, the national track was giving me cut track/lap not count warnings when going through the chicane, plus the AI would spaz out and be crashed all over the grass at the chicane. Like they didn't get the memo that the track had changed or something XD
    There was no main picture in the track spinner thingy, the two pictures where you select the track layout were of a completely different track, almost looked like Knockhill or something. And when the track was selected, out in the main menu, the picture it would show was yet again, some completely different track. I can't exactly remember but it had like Malaysia or Indonesia written in the pic.

As I said, no idea whats happened here XD

5. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Ok, already have, Nords, Nurburgring GP and Short, Donington, i just need Lemans and say goodbye to my girfriend.

6. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

its fine on my screen, I am using super HD,,2860x2280. 100hz..everything maxed

7. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

yes fix AI on national, I get corner cut as well, will edit file and post update , in the next couple of days, trying to get ADELAIDE 2013 finished , by this weekend

8. GUBBA

GUBBA Registered

Thanks for your effort in doing this track
    Gub

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I really enjoy Donny but I'd say this needs a bit of a graphical overhaul to bring it up to standards.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2013
  10. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Thank you very much
    good track

11. Gunnar

Gunnar Registered

Thanks INTEL48. Gotta luv Donny.....

12. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Thank You

13. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Is this a conversion?

14. Simon Melhuish

Simon Melhuish Registered

Is this in 8bit? :confused:

15. WHAT21A

WHAT21A Registered

I'm not sure its a 100% conversion but some of the buildings are defiantly stolen from the TRD3 version of Donington.

I've been looking at the track for about 5 minutes and found endless problems with it. None of the Xfiles reach the walls of the track making is possible to miss sector lines, its possible not to be logged for laps at the start finish because the xfinish file doesn't reach pit boxes.

The most of the fences around the track the normals are flipped and facing the wrong direction, also fences can only be seen from a single side. Using the old real road shader.

The normal map UVWs are far too large, making the track look like someone's taken a plow around the entire track in low light. The race groove doesn't seem to be mapped at all, same with marbles.

Theres a rather large holes in the pitlane going across the racing surface about half way down. Theres another huge hole in the terrain on the inside of the old hairpin, same thing heading into the craner curves on the inside.

You have misplaced scn files in your GMT mas files, you have a tonne of jpegs using for maps, just convert them to dds so they at least have mip maps if you insist on using them.

Your longitude/latitude settings put the track somewhere in the middle of the north African deserts.

Hopefully you take this onboard and improve on what your doing as you seem to pump out very low quality tracks at an alarming rate, just take time to learn how to do things properly and your work will improve 10fold.

16. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Apart from that it's alright? ;)

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I
    We appreciate your work, please don't take the criticism too hard. He had a point about taking your time. Also don't be afraid to ask questions in the missing forum and at the other forum you are a member at. There are a lot of people who would be happy to help. That other forum tends to be much better for getting help, but there's help to be had here too.

18. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

Nothing stolen from TRD3 donington, but, grandstands are from TRD2 adelaide, and BTB, is the main grandstand, rest of objects are FREE from google sketchup, I would like some help with National track AIW file....just cant get it right.

19. WHAT21A

WHAT21A Registered

And those models you got from sketchup may well be "FREE" but there is no doubt that they are from TRD3 originally and put on sketchup, do your research and this type of situation wouldn't arise, it's fairly easy to tell that they are from TRD3.

Take some pride in your work, stop using other people's models and you won't come up against this stuff. There are plenty of tutorials around that can teach you the necessary techniques to make your own models in whatever 3d program you desire.

20. TTR kwik-kiwi

TTR kwik-kiwi Registered

Jeez some of these comments seem harsh... I don't really care where the models come from... I just enjoy the tracks for what they are and the level they are made...
    I believe you could be more supportive without attacking him...

My 10 cents worth anyway....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.