RFactor 2 crashes when select old cars in modern circuits

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by frentz, Sep 4, 2013.

1. frentz

frentz Registered

Hi, I have two problems:

The first crash:
    When I select Old Cars (Eve, Spark, Brabham) in modern circuits, the game loads normally, but when I click in "RACE", the game crashes.

The second crash:
    Every time I change the type of the car (tuning), the game crashes after load the circuit. So, I have to restart the game.

Please, what can I do?
    Thanks!

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You have an issue with some kind of content you have. Uninstall all mods you have, reinstall them until you get an issue. Also check they are the right filesize, and that they pass validation when installing.

3. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

I had the same issue.
    What I did was to uninstall ALL the mods then install the newest version only of every mod. No previous versions or anything. For instance, don't have multiple versions of the same mod installed. Just install the latest one. Working fine since then. However I could never get the gp79 mod to work.

4. RMayfield

RMayfield Registered

I dont understand...i have 2 versions of a mod/car, I uninstall the 1.0 and leave the 1.42, but the 1.42 doesnt show up in the game. very confusing structure here...Im trying to fix my game crashing as well.

I found that there are 2 or 3 corrupt tracks from that super track torrent that cause the game to crash even when you're on a completely separate track, car, mod, etc....Why would a track file do that? so strange...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
  5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Sounds like you didn't uninstall everything.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

6. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

@RMayfield Sounds like you just need to make a vMod or play the mod with 'All cars and tracks' mod.

As for the problems every one else are having sounds like you got the same problem I have of if you have more than 96 tracks installed at the same time the game crashes when you press the RACE button. Tim do you know if that is fixed in next build?

Cheers

7. RMayfield

RMayfield Registered

I uninstalled all tracks and reinstalled 10-15 at a time until there was an issue clicking race. I found that it was only an issue with a few tracks of the last handful (alphabetically towards Z and the lowercase ones - if using the super track torrent) I dont know exactly which ones because I removed that group (didnt care too much for any of the choices) but it seems to be A-OK with clicking race and going on track now.