Downloading New Cars

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by AJC73, Sep 3, 2013.

1. AJC73

AJC73 Registered

I am a newbie to RFactor and I am trying to download new cars. can any of you help me answer the following questions;

1) I recently purchased a subscription to RFactor2 but notice that Rfactor (original version) has a much more extensive library of cars and tracks. When I try and download any of them it won't appear in the 'Packages' folder which means I can't access it. Do I need to purchase RFactor (original version) as well to gain access to them?

2) If I don't need to purchase RFactor (original version) where do I install the files?

3) I understand the basic of RFactor2 which is covered in the initial set-up instructions but is there a detailed instructions manual for more complex settings and modifications etc? If so how do I access it?

4) Sometimes when I am trying to adjust some settings or when I exit RFactor a message comes up saying "Another Instance of RFactor is Already Running". I always double check to see that only one instance of RFactor is running but it still comes up with this message.

5) Apart from the amount of cars and tracks available what are the main differences between RFactor and RFactor2?

Any help I can get resolving these issues would be greatly appreciated!

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

1) No you don't need to own Rfactor 1

2) Put the "mods" downloaded from either the ISI page or elsewhere into you "packages" folder in your RF2 data folder you set up on install. Then when you open the launcher, click on "manage mods" in the bottom right corner. There you will see all the files installed in your installation. Some of the "mods" you put into the packages folder will be there with "no" written under the "installed" heading. Right click and press install, a progress dialog will appear and then when you go into the game they will be accessible.

3) Someone else will need to chime in for this :)

4) Not sure about that one. I think the Rfactor 2 game can only be run from the launcher anyway.

5) Realtime rubber build up, weather, better graphics etc...

3. GUBBA

GUBBA Registered

1. No to buying the original Rfactor, download the mods and put them in the packages folder for RF2, then install them with mod manager.
    2. See above, in the packages folder again.
    3.See the download section, I think all the instructions you need are in the Devcorner
    4.I get this as well. reboot and start again.
    5.Rfactor 1 is getting quite old now, RF2 is just a WIP and is in constant development

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

5. AJC73

AJC73 Registered

Hi All,

thanks for the feedback. However, i am a bit confused. can you or can you not use RFactor 1 mods on RFactor 2? i have got responses support Yes and No. my experience is that you cannot which means i need to buy RFactor 1 to get there significantly more extensive library of cars and tracks

To be clear, I have downloaded the RFactor 1 mods into the packages folder under the RFactor2 folder. The files are compressed, so I extracted the downloaded file and three folders appear as shown in the screenshot below. Then I launched the “manage mods” on the RFactor2, but the files I downloaded do not appear the mods window. Is it possible to manually put the files into the correct folders?, if yes, could someone please explain how to do this.

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You can't use RF1 mods in RF2. They are too separate entities.