problems with T500RS settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Aug 30, 2013.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

haven't got answer elsewhere so I try here...

I have played without center spring all the time ("by the game" setting chosen). Now when I plugged it in after a short break it all of sudden has center spring no matter what I do. I tried setting it "by the wheel" and set 0% but the center spring is still there.To make it playable for me I have to lower ffb multi to 0.6-0.7 when previously 1.0 was good. And the feedback from the wheel seems also worse (I don't feel weight tranfers and slides or lock-ups so good anymore).

What to do? :(

I didn't changed anything before it changed...just installed new stuff...

View attachment 9585

2. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Try reinstalling the drivers. If you need help with all that just let me know, the firmware can be quite iffy.
    My wheel, before I finally got it flawless and working like a swiss clock, went back to France (headquarters) twice.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Tried switching USB port, or just unplugging, plugging in, or cutting power to the wheel, then back in?

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

after my holiday, I plugged my wheel to different usb port first (by accident). Then I started the game and noticed that center spring was on. Then I plugged it back to its original port but nothing changed. At some point I restarted the pc and now I have of course turned the pc off and also used Thrustmaster firmware update.

EDIT: I may have fixed it by reinstalling the drivers... only had time to do quick test without any sounds but I think it's ok.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
  5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Good. :) I've had this happen before, and a restart of either the wheel or Windows fixed it. I think it's a driver or USB driver issue with Windows. Had it since Win98.

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Have to add that previously I have had 1.0 multiplier but now 0.7 felt strong enough... not sure if something have changed...

7. tHenOrthfAce

tHenOrthfAce Registered

0.6-0.85 are perfectly normal ffb-multi values on my side