Autodromo di Mores v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

@ Mulero

I guess you're comparing different seasons. :) The ingame is calling for the same date of the track survey.

2. maxredbull

maxredbull Registered

I do not understand why ISI make HDR photos with profiles that do not share ...
    everyone does not know HDR profile, personally I am bad.
    and I find that limit false advertising ...

3. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Not if I'm comparing different seasons, I'm comparing the images of ISI with which I see on my screen and be completely different.

I'm not a programmer or understand these things, but though different stations the difference is too large. We see everything as if we were seeing everything through a pair of sunglasses. Everything looks dark and whites have a reddish hue.

Tuttle is Not a criticism, just wanted to know why there is that difference and if some day we will see the image so well. The lighting in these pictures is just perfect but does not look anything like what we see.

4. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Check the date in weather settings. It is mid June. The default date in gdb is october.

[​IMG]

5. Tuttle

@ Mulero

As already said we have to calibrate the official track profile with a driving/incar priority and it is working pretty good:

View attachment 9669

As you see the track looks similar to the promotional shot, because it's using a priority for the occluded area (as the cockpit is).

We can't use a side cam priority without getting strong overexposure during the driving experience.

About seasons you're comparing a promotional shot taken in the viewer (which is not using any profile nor the final gdb) and the ingame shot which is locked to his own gdb file and using the incar priority for HDR values.

Both files are usually created as a very final task, when the entire track environment is closed.

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

So replay views and other non-cockpit cameras will always have this "through dark glasses" lighting? This is huge experience killing "feature" of rF2 for me. When in cockpit everything is more or less ok, but from TV cameras - dark and not anywhere near even rF1 quality of replay lighting! Is this never going to change? Also from open-wheelers cockpits we see completely different lighting than from closed cockpits.

7. Tuttle

I'm not saying the priority choice is not a limit but I see a bit of exaggeration in this statement.

These are all around noon, using the standard profile;

View attachment 9671
    View attachment 9672
    View attachment 9673

Side cams facing the sun are affected by the same Auto Exposure (which is needed to control the amount of light in the scene and in real time) but I can't say these shots (not facing the sun) are looking bad nor like "through dark glass". When you point your reflex camera to the sun you also need to use the proper priority to avoid a total overexposure.

8. speed1

speed1 Banned

9. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Thanks for the explanation Tuttle. I agree that the priority should be the cockpit camera and
    Mores looks great from that camera.

I just hope that someday we can see the same quality from all cameras and not have to have 25 different profiles HDR for it.

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Here is what I meant.
    This is Silverstone 2pm unedited (to me this one looks like through some glass or filter, ok may be not the dark glass, but dark-ish):
    View attachment 9676
    This is same screen with edited colors in GIMP:
    View attachment 9677

Here is Mores 2pm from closed cockpit:
    View attachment 9678
    Same place and time, open cockpit:
    View attachment 9679
    Closed - very bright day, open - not so bright. And if we take cloudy weather, then from closed cockpit it looks like a bright, but cloudy day, and from closed - like very dark cloudy day.

11. Tuttle

Auto Exposure. :)

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Ok, I get it, from closed cockpits it actually looks very good. But I like to watch replays, and I want them to look like that also, as much photo-realistic or close to TV pictures as possible. May be this will be possible to implement with time.

13. Tuttle

Yeah. I remember well lot of people complaining in the past for the dull visual during noon sessions. As you can see now the noon is working pretty good and the early hidden potential is now available. The turbidity has been turned down and many other aspects in both HDR and Sky has been tuned during the build to build development to get a better output. This is the proof everybody is still working to improve each aspect of the game experience. :)

14. raekwon

raekwon Registered

15. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Here is a profile with a very low white point for Mores. It should work with all cams except cockpit view in tin tops (maybe open wheelers too). This profile is on the edge and sometimes beyond of what is usable. It may fail in future builds when there are changes to the gfx engine. There may be problems with tire smoke (blown completely into white, especially Clio) and clouds, and there is a small possibility your monitor will explode because of the atomic brightness. :cool:

How to install:
    Unzip the file to "rF2DataFolder\UserData\player\Settings\MoresShort".
    Choose "MoresBuild240LowWP" in the settings menu.

Download: View attachment MoresBuild240LowWP.zip

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Some impressions of the sky.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. tjc

tjc Registered

I happen to have a monitor "built from girders" (Irn Bru advert about 20 years ago, maybe more) so I`ll take my chances lol :cool:

Thanks Tosch. :)

18. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Only the strongest will survive. :D

19. tjc

tjc Registered

Class... :D

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.