What the hell are you doing..??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ForthRight, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Miro

Miro Registered

Not so sure if it's very simple, and that's not important.
    The thing is, it's simply killing online racing in this game. If it would be easy to get online people would play online.
    I was/am an online gamer, every single game was boring for me if there was no online mode. Just don't like to compete with AI's of any kind.

rF2 is the only game/sim which I play offline. I just do some practice laps mostly without AI for the club races or some fun laps on random tracks.
    How comes? I've given up long time ago to jump on servers, as it just didn't work.
    No matter if it's simple or not it doesn't work and you can see that on the online numbers.
    I don't think that's going to change anytime soon. It will just get more difficult to get online as we get more tracks and more cars.

I don't blame ISI for that nor the admins, it's a shame but it is what it is.

Edit:

Oh, and when I get bored I just watch the Rogue System videos again and again and again and again lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2013
  2. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I never require more than one track but that is because I only run one track on my server at a time, so I don't blame those who cycle through tracks and therefore have multiple tracks in vmod because they have to with current design.

On a different note, I'd like to point out that public servers are needed for some to develop enough of a following to then have closed races with sufficient attendance which is what I am currently attempting. The good news for me has been that with 60s F1 we have never once had problems with crashers and this is because you have be a good driver to handle one well and so we have mostly excellent drivers joining and lesser drivers always disappear with minutes of joining. :)

3. Nibbles

Nibbles Registered

I just checked again, of the 200 odd servers online I cant join any of them, despite having every single mod that has been released by ISI and all the tracks!

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I think you want this: http://www.rsrf.de/

All the tracks and cars released both by ISI and by community (few exceptions?).

And I recommend that you search some league (or even many leagues) because then you will get help with getting all the content you need to join a server. Also you won't be waisting your time when there are drivers that drive clean around you.

Only some of the servers has dozens of tracks included to get into a server. ISR is one of them but you can download the package from their site. Usually it's only one or two different cars and few tracks. The system itself isn't bad. It's not ISI's fault that there are plenty of password protected servers and some mods that are not public which only limited amount persons can have.

It will all be better when community will grow and we will see greater number of open servers and accessible league servers.

How soon is this? No idea... I hope soon.

6. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

New build, prime time for EU, 9 people in open servers of which 4 in an illegal mod and 5 in the Megane (which I personally find an awfully boring car) on a server where u need to download 15 random tracks.
    I'm hoping for a giant rebound of this game but I'm sincerly doubting it will ever happen.

7. Jos

Jos Registered

what's so boring about the megane, what car do you prefer?

8. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I'm sure, like I am going to be doing when I get home, many are testing new build today. Also, don't underestimate the power of helping to seed servers. Sometimes it only takes 2 or 3 people on a server to get others interested. I will have a 60s F1 server setup most of the weekend (RevivalRacing60sF1PUBLIC @ Mid-OH) if you want to help seed it ;-). May not be your cup of tea but definitely not boring either :).