What the hell are you doing..??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ForthRight, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Andrew McP

Andrew McP Registered

That's very interesting, thanks. I will allow my optimism to move up a notch. :)

2. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

With a newborn son, ready to cry at anytime, I'm only able to play pause-able games and multiplayer is challenging to pause :(

... which brings me onto Arma 3. Multiplayer only at launch? Not a happy customer.

Edit: to answer the OP's question:

RF2
    Game Stock Car 2012
    Arma 3 (single player of course)
    Civilization 5
    Papers Please (where you play an immigration office, stamping passports)
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown

I'd love to try pCars, but I missed the Alpha/Beta signup
    RaceRoom felt like an arcade game
    Asseto Corsa is just a demo
    and of course iRacing is online only (and $$$$$)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
  3. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

What you talkin' bout tubs? This happened five months ago and can happen every time.

4. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Oh I've been in the Alpha since the first day, I was just looking forward to playing a campaign.

5. Nuno P

Nuno P Registered

iRacing, FIFA13,BF3 and RF2... i would race more RF2 but i'm getting tired of the Megane... don't get me wrong, the Megane is a great car, but i would love to drive something else, but i guess with 50-60 drivers (haven't seen more than that) online and 30 on the Megane server it's going to be hard to race something else where all other servers are empty or have about 2-5 drivers racing

6. coops

coops Banned

playing RF2 awaiting new content and updates were else would i be.... LOL

7. Neuro

Neuro Registered

netKar PRO, CS:GO and DOTA 2 :cool:

8. FlyinFinn2

FlyinFinn2 Registered

50% Flight Simulator X, 49% iRacing, and 1% angry birds.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

9. Heimdal

Heimdal Registered

For racing rFactor2 :rolleyes:. Been into rFactor2 for about 3 months and still finding new features. Not really interested in online racing as I don't have the time and not a good enough driver - yet. The AI is far quicker than me.

10. sFactor

sFactor Registered

I have been dabbling in RF2 since the original beta offering. I run all AMD machines with Triple Eyes.

Up until build 240, I was so put off by the graphics performance that I either had to dumb thing down so far it was down right ugly, or go back to single screen (Radeon 7870's). Neither option was a satisfactory experience.

Now, with build 240 and the Camaro I am spending much more time on RF2. Though I still have to dumb down the graphics in areas, it now runs to my satisfaction (minimally, but its workable now).

I have just purchased GSC 21012 and am really impressed with what Rieza has been able to squeeze out of RF1. Its kind of nice to have a group of cars and tracks that were designed to work together, and the AI is crazy good.

That being said, I still find myself spending the majority of my sim race time on RF1. I feel that RF1 has just hit its prime in the last two years and is still strong. Mods coming out almost daily and the crazy plugins that are being developed just keep me coming back to RF1. Plus, we own several copies of RF1 for our LAN parties.

Which brings me to the point of "requiring" internet access for RF2. We host many races where internet access to all of our sims is just not feasible, leaving us with RF1 as the best option.

As of Build 240 and the Camaro, my faith has been fully restored in RF2 and once again find myself checking for the drop of the next build almost daily! My appetite for RF2 has been re-ignited and has made me forget Asseto Corsa for the time being.

Keep up the great work ISI. I have great expectations for the future of ISI once again.

Tim and Co. must have some of the thickest skin I have ever seen. To listen to all the bashing from people but still remain committed and focused to your original plan has to be hard! Kudos guys!

11. sFactor

sFactor Registered

Oh, one more tidbit.

I have subscribed to iRacing for over two yeas now, and considering the cost, it has offered the least enjoyment of all the sims I own.

This is my own fault. iRacing has some pretty good cars and tracks that are moderately convincing, but I just cannot dedicate the time required to be competitive and as others mentioned, there are too many elites on iRacing that just love to pounce all over guys who can't run as clean and fast as they do. A very rude and self centered crowd.

Dropped $20 on SimRaceway content. Played for two weeks and got bored with it. Though I thought the Ford Raptor was really novel

12. osella

osella Registered

Well I haven't actually played anything for few months due to lack of time.
    The first half of 2013 though the only game/sim I played was rfactor1. Why rf1 over rf2? Too many reasons to list

13. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Reason #1 = 37gp! :)

14. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

I love rF1 and I still play it on occasion but the tire model feels so dated to me now. Compared to rf2's tire model and physics its hard for me to really get into rf1 anymore. Game Stock Car on the other hand for some reason feels fantastic and I still play it regularly. Maybe its because they got the real feel FFB perfected that it feels so solid. I don't know, but it sure is amazing.

15. frankwer

frankwer Registered

I`m playing Japan World Cup 3, best game ever

16. costamesa

costamesa Registered

Praying for more online gamers in rf2. thats what i do..

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1

18. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Imagine if this video was the first thing aliens from another world saw after discovering earth. Lol they would probably kill us all with a death-ray as soon as possible.

19. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I think they would just leave.

20. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Or get turned on by it..