Question about real road

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ricknau, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

The selections are "green" "naturally progressing" or a saved file. But they are all naturally progressing, right? I'm mean if I choose "green" or some saved file won't they too naturally progress from their starting point? If so, then what is the point of having the choice "naturally progressing". Makes me think maybe the other choices do not progress.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

There is a point though :)

Typically you select a preset or light rubber or auto-save in practise, it will indeed progress in practise.
    The other sessions would be just progressive so rubber builds with each session, having an 'ideal' surface once the race starts.

You can also start 'green' , would take more AI/drivers to get things going though.

You are right, other choices might not progress. if you for example set race-to-green I think all rubber from previous sessions will be washed away.
    That don't make much sense but it would be an option. good to have options.

One could also preset just the race for quick sessions.

I have an additional question if I may:

When doing multiple events on a server, we let the weekend progress for race1, but want to keep its rubber for race2 (as race2 don't involve much practice and no quali)

This only works when restarting the weekend. if the server restarts the cycle itself then rubber is gone.
    But.....that will mess up the xml results wont it? in order for a fully written xml file we would need the server to go through the motion. quickly restarting-weekend might not cut it?

3. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I think the difference between Green and Naturally Progressing is that using Green every session starts with a green track, and using Naturally Progressing instead the rubber grows from practice to qual, to warm up and to race.

All the options have a progressing rubber, saved RR too.

4. YoNiS

YoNiS Registered

Save RR and load it on the next race

5. YoNiS

YoNiS Registered

You are rigth

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Hm ok, so a double restart then. I guess that would work, thx.

7. Minibull

Minibull Member

Surely set the first session to autosave, and the rest to naturally progressing. That sounds like it should always keep on building up whenever you come back to the circuit.