get mod no working

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Carl Shaw, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Carl Shaw

Carl Shaw Registered

can any 1 tell me how to allow the get mod feature to work for friends who wish to join my clio races

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

GetMod is a two part deal. First part is the dedicated server has a built in HTTP server which sends the vmod to clients when they join your server. The vmod then has the list of components that are needed to join the server along with URLs to each component. If all the components you have selected for your vmod have proper download the part two of GETMod will work and clients will be able to auto download them when connecting to your server. So far only ISI components have working download URLs. If you included 3rd party components they will not work. Your friends will have to download and install these components by hand.

If the first part of getmod isn't even working then you either don't have the HTTP server enabled in the multiplayer.ini (It is enabled by default so this probably isn't the problem) or you forgot to open that port in your firewall/router.

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Okay, I joined your server. The first part of GetMod works fine on your server. The problem is you included a bunch of 3rd party content which doesn't support GetMod. Your friends need to locate and install this content by hand.

According to your vmod, this is a list of components that they will need:
    Image 1.png

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I am a new fan of BTSync. Read up on that tool (Google it). It lets you sync folders with friends. Install BTSync, put all the rfcmps that are needed for your server in a folder and then share it with BTSync and then pass out a "!!READ ONLY!!" hash to anyone that wants access to them. Going forward, if you add new tracks to your server you can also drop the needed rfcmps into your shared folder and all of your friends will get a copy.

5. Carl Shaw

Carl Shaw Registered

ok cheers. could you also let me know the correct port please?

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

UDP/TCP:44297
    UDP/TCP:54347
    UDP/TCP:54297
    TCP:64297 <--- HTTP Server

The first 2 ports on this list will go away on the next public build but go ahead and map them for now.