Is there (still) the possibility to "learn" the track to AI?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Navigator, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys, well, tittle says it all I think :)
    In rF1, you could learn the tracks to AI with some setting in the .plr file I think it was and then you let them drive.

I saw something about this before in this forum, but am unable to find it now.
    What happens is that the AI is so bad on some tracks; it is undoable......impossible to drive a lap......not even starting about races.

Does anybody know this? Would love to read some about it than :)

2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

In the .plr you have this line :)

Autocalibrate AI Mode="0" // When in a test day with 1 AI, AI will attempt to perfect his driving line, and save his knowledge for future use

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ah, that was it! Now I know what to look for in the file; thanks, I'll try that one!

4. Zenon

Zenon Registered

I do not think this will work, it looks more like a remnant from rFactor 1. Besides, there other conditions to be met for this to work, like setting tire wear or mechanical failures to off, time scale to 1, practice time needs to be set to 8 o'clock, there were others as well, which I do not rememeber. There is no "test day" in rF2, BTW :).

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I made it work in dev mode in the past and used it to fine tune the aiw in Black Hole Ring. I wanted to try again but I still don't know how to properly install car in dev mode. It is about the fourth time I ask somebody to upload the zipped folders of severals cars already prepared to include in the devmode folder but up to the date nobody has helped. The tutorial is outdated since meganes have changed to higher version and the one in the wiki should include several already done examples which we could copy for better understanding of what needs to be changed.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

6. Hazi

Hazi Registered

+1

7. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Here is a quick example ho to get the Meganes into devmode.

My rF2 datafolder is located at "F:\rF2Data".
    Devmode folder is at "F:\rF2Data\ModDev".

-Create three new folders
    --F:\rF2Data\ModDev\Vehicles\Megane2009
    --F:\rF2Data\ModDev\Vehicles\Megane2009\Maps
    --F:\rF2Data\ModDev\Vehicles\Megane2009\Teams

-Run MAS2.exe (F:\rF2Data\Support\Tools) and open the first mas-file of the Megane mod.
    --"F:\rF2Data\Installed\Vehicles\M2009_car\1.44\M2009.mas"
    --Mark all files (ctrl + a), rightclick on the files and select extract.
    --Extract all files to "F:\rF2Data\ModDev\Vehicles\Megane2009\Maps".
    --Open the next file (F:\rF2Data\ModDev\Vehicles\Megane2009\Maps\M2009car.mas)
    --Mark all files and extract to "F:\rF2Data\ModDev\Vehicles\Megane2009"
    --Open "F:\rF2Data\Installed\Vehicles\M2009_car\1.44\M2009_team.mas"
    --Extract to "F:\rF2Data\ModDev\Vehicles\Megane2009\Teams"

-Open the file "F:\rF2Data\ModDev\Vehicles\Megane2009\M2009.GEN" in "Notepad".
    --You will find the search paths for the mod.
    The paths are already created in your ModDev-dir but in case you don't know them, here they are. Notice that the mod needs the file "M2009.mas". You have to create that file.

-Create a simplified mas-file
    --Run MAS2.exe and open a new windows explorer window at "F:\rF2Data\ModDev\Vehicles\Megane2009\Maps".
    --Drag and drop a dds-file (MINI_BLACK.DDS for example) into MAS2.exe.
    --In MAS2.exe go to "file" - "save as" and save the file at "F:\rF2Data\ModDev\Vehicles\Megane2009". File name should be "M2009.mas".

-Next step is for Megane only because the cmaps.mas file is outdated in Devmode.
    --Copy "C:\rFactor2\Core\Vehicles\cmaps.mas" (this is the Core folder) to "F:\rF2Data\ModDev\Vehicles\cmaps.mas" and overwrite the old file. The file is needed for the generic driver in Megane.

-In the next step you have to modify the "TestingMOD.rfm" and add the Classes for Megane.
    --Open "F:\rF2Data\ModDev\Vehicles\Megane2009\Teams\M2009_01.VEH" in notepad and find the line "Classes="Megane_Trophy"". Now you know the class of the mod.
    --Open "F:\rF2Data\ModDev\rFm\TestingMOD.rfm" in notepad and find the line "Vehicle Filter = OR: Driving_School". Just add Megane_Trophy to that line (separated ba a SPACE). Should look like this (Vehicle Filter = OR: Driving_School Megane_Trophy). Save the file and the Megane will show up in the testing mod list in devmode.

-The car is now drivable in Devmode but the sound is missing.
    --Copy the file "F:\rF2Data\Installed\Sounds\RenaultMegane\1.44\RenaultMegane.mas" to "F:\rF2Data\ModDev\Vehicles\Megane2009\RenaultMegane.mas" and you are good to go.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2013
  8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

it does work in RF2, you just set go to Practice as normal (without Qually/Race) as that is Test Day. As with rf1 it depends entirely on AIW and the mod you're using as to its effectivness, MikeZ explains a bit more here:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ettings-Thread?p=185207&viewfull=1#post185207

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Thanks to tosch and marcg. Great help!
    I will try it later and do it also with e-kart

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Thanks for your help. I have finally been able to include track and car into devmode. The class tip and the requirement of the MAS files quoted in the gen files were essential. However in order to be more clear for me I erased all non common MAS file lines from the search paths of the gen files and extracted those files into the vehicle directory. Since I was having some problems with Howston class name, which had a comma in it, I just replaced it with an easier name, group6, in all veh files and quoted it from rfm file.

Your tip should be added to the wiki to complement actual procedure.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/8193-rF2-how-to-get-ISI-car-to-dev-mode

I had problems with one track since the gdb I was using had some incorrect lines in it and the track wouldn't appear in the spinner. It got me a little bit crazy since the packed component does not give that problem and is using the same gdb. It did have one problem though, which would cause CTD after exiting the track. I am not sure if it is related. I will try whenever I update the track.

If a thread to put tracks into devmode is ever done in the wiki, it would be nice to note that if the trackdoes not appear in the spinner it can be caused by a problem in the gdb. Right now there is good info in a sticky thread of modding help subforum but nothing in the wiki as asn easy summary of the thread.

Once getting it to appear in the spinner I still had problems with the same track and it would not fully load. It would stop when the progress bar reached 75/80 %. I had to erase quite a big part of the scn to make it work. I didn't take the time to find the culpritline since it is a long trial and error process. I comment it because it would load correctly when packed.

I mention these two problems just to account for the fact that dev mode and offline/online mode seem to behave differently, especially in terms of sensitivity to bugs or errors within the config files.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2013