Rf2Rift - rFactor2 Oculus Rift Plugin and Tools

Discussion in 'Other' started by vittorio, Aug 15, 2013.

1. sonicshadows

sonicshadows Registered

Has anyone managed to get rf2 working with the vorpx 0.9, the software looks promising with direct driver mode but it crashes every time I try it with rf2.

2. capetuso

capetuso Registered

3. vittorio

vittorio Registered

vorpx 0.9 (oculus runtime 0.7) is not working for me. after the oculus warning text everything is black in the rift :/ anybody else tried?

4. rafffel

rafffel Registered

Hi Vorpx 0.9 working here with Windows 10 runtime 0.7 and latest nvidia driver for GSC (rf1 like)
    but not for rf2 :(
    Now you're plugin need to be recompiled with 0.7 SDK for working hope you're are going to do for enjoy us on rf1 :)

5. ladn

ladn Registered

Hi,
    Has anyone managed to get rf2 working with the vorpx 0.9?

6. Hazi

Hazi Registered

7. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Is vittorio or anybody else going to continue supporting this project now that CV1 is right around the corner?

8. Adrian

Adrian Registered

New version of Vorpx out today, I've got it working with RF2 and oculus skd 1.3 which means it should work fine with CV1. Here's the profile I've got so far (needs more work) http://www.mediafire.com/download/77y0tf9ucwv79yj/rFactor_2.vps

[MENTION]vittorio [/MENTION] the tracking plugin seems to be dead because of the new SDK?

The framerate seems pretty **** so far but hopefully theres a setting somewhere causing it. Vorpx has never been as good as tridef was so dont expect too much. and its not even in the same realm as something with native support *coughpleaseandthanksISIcough* =D

9. vittorio

vittorio Registered

cool finally it's out, something to play with today :)

yes, old plugins are very likely not compatible with SDK 1.3. if it's possible and worth it i will try to write new plugins. let's see ..

10. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Awesome, if you enable Vorpx headtracking you get to see the awesome smoothness ATW gives ;-)

11. vittorio

vittorio Registered

great!!! that was what i was hoping for

how is latency - should be good then too isn't it?

12. vittorio

vittorio Registered

[MENTION=11551]Adrian[/MENTION], did you get head tracking working in race too, and if so how? I only get head tracking in edge peak mode. btw, your rfactor2 profile is a good start, thx!

EDIT: the TrackIR plugin at least does something, but not correct here .. hmm

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2016
  13. capetuso

capetuso Registered

Keep us informed please. I gave up playing rfactor2 because it doesn't have VR support.

14. Adrian

Adrian Registered

ok so here the info I have so far. For me it will only output to the rift in windowed or boarderless, full screen give a black screen with RF2 running in the background.

With the trackIR plugings in folder it seems to rotate the camera but in a super weird way (like the cameras on a boom or something)

With all plugins removed I can turn on vorpx tracking and play like that and its super smooth, obviously vorpx tracking only lets you look so far because its just rendering the screen in 3d

Having all settings on medium FOV=95 and @ toban24 with Howston and 0 AI I can maintain 75fps easily all the time (i5 6600 @4.4 GTX980 OC'd)

Also vorpx still has the thing where the gear displays look a bit weird like its drawing over itself.

15. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Thx for the info Adrian!

What does this mean "vorpx tracking only lets you look so far"? Vorpx doesn't do full headtracking?

16. vittorio

vittorio Registered

17. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Got headtracking working too with "U" key (toggle free look), and all plugins removed. Head tracking with positional and rotational tracking. For this test i did set every graphics option to low or off for max framerate -> constant 75 FPS.
    But tracking isn't smooth for me, it's like tracking with very low resolution (like 1°?).

I'm trying to write a tracking plugin with SDK 1.3 and will see (but no chance to get asynchronous time warp). Don't know if it is worth the effort.

18. Adrian

Adrian Registered

ah so the black screen is a vorpx thing, also doing the mouse look tracking thing is the same notch-y feeling for me.

If you do get the plugin working that would be awesome, sadly it will never be that great using a program like vorpx and I dont know if ISI will get around to native support, so maybe it would be more particle to give up on RF2 as a VR game and wait for something else?

19. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Back driving or factor2 after two years of absence , oh my did I miss this game , thanks to vorpX software-track-IR and oculus rift DK2 The gameplay is wonderful , OK it's not as immersive as if we had rf2 oculus support , but it's very very close , I still feel like I'm sitting in the car , it still feels 3-D I can look left right up down , but there are some limits, but I can live with that .

Here are of the settings that i use .
    you must use cinema mode all other setting were unstable and very blurred in the distance .

Main Setting
    Virtual cinema mode -------- on
    Screen distance offset ------ -1.00
    3-D reconstruction---------- Geometry
    Separation 3-D strength and adjust this to get the right scale for your cockpit view-----------1.14 or play with this for different car

Image settings --will correct your mirror --in out small or larger .
    Game hud depth -- always change this .

Running it this way ( Virtual cinema mode on ) you get PC monitor performance within the rift but you still feel your sitting in the car and have all the 3D affects , I love it because it the best way for me to stay with the best sim around .

Remember when adjusting the setting ( Separation 3-D strength ) set to GEOMETRY you also need to - increase or decrease FOV also seat in / out / up or down I game settings , -- you will find what setting is best for you .
    DEL on keyboard will show your menu setting .
    trackir is not needed , but it helps in my case .
    This might help some of you VR nuts like me .
    ingame setting set look to apex full , this helps a lot .

vittorio -- Adrian cheers you post were very helpful .
    some photos / settings , sorry for poor Quality .
    Cheers JoeMoore .
    [video][​IMG][/video]

[video][​IMG][/video]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2016
  20. Hazi

Hazi Registered