Rf2Rift - rFactor2 Oculus Rift Plugin and Tools

Discussion in 'Other' started by vittorio, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Gilles82

Gilles82 Registered

Hi, I'm new to Oculus, will be buying the DK2 in 3 weeks time) my question is when you say >75 FPS does this mean 75fps PER EYE or 75 fps in total, so around 37 fps PER EYE? Thanks, and great work with the plugin from the Youtube vids I've seen.

2. TheAngryGimp

TheAngryGimp Registered

The oculus does not display each eye one after the other like shutter glasses, but instead refreshes the whole display at once each frame. So it's 75hz for both eyes, with each frame rendered once, at the same time for both eyes.

3. thomasl

thomasl Registered

HI there, I'm reading and saw a lot of you guys are having fun on the rF1 or rF2 with the DK2. I got myself a DK2 and had it set up to work with rF1. But when the game is loaded, a big chuck of image that is suppose to appear in between the 2 lenses (left and right) are missing. Like I look straight and a big chuck of image is not visble in between my eyes. Do you know how I can have that set up properly? I followed the instructions and changed the Log file in the rFactor folder, but I couldn't fix this issue.

Hope somebody could give me some instructions...

thomas

4. crz

crz Registered

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Shame no support for dk2

I might try desktop view just so I can try rf2 again, I've been itching too
    Not really VR but at least can use dk2 with rf2

6. svenh007

svenh007 Registered

I will not upgrade then. Vorpx and the rift plugin is great for me. Hope the 3d will make it in Vorpx.
    The new Nordschleife with the DK2 is really cool

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

your using the dk2 with rf2 , with desktop view ? (so it looks like a cinema screen)

8. seandennis

seandennis Registered

Can someone tell me why does tridef keep going to my monitor and not the rift. I have tried multiple ways but no solution. I have set the rift as main screen but it goes to the monitor that was set to second. I unplug the monitor and try to run tridef but it does show up on the rift. I then plug the monitor in and there it is again. How do I get it to force it onto the rift. I can't find any tutorials

9. seandennis

seandennis Registered

Ok I got it to work on the rift by cloning it. but for some reason now the image in the rift looks like its in the middle of the screen. I followed the RF1 DK2 settings, and to look at game I need to be crosseyed. The other thing is that its not head tracking at all. Any advise would be appreciated.

10. seandennis

seandennis Registered

Ok I got it sort of working. I had to restart my computer. but now what is does is, in 3d mode it puts split screens on both eye so I see a line right down the middle. but when I turn off 3d it shows the full screen. but still no head tracking on either modes.

11. svenh007

svenh007 Registered

Yes, using the DK2 with rf2.
    Used the plugin described in the thread and Vorpx.

Its like sitting in the car, meaning you can look around but not really 3D effect. But better then ie on TV though ;-)

12. Kokomo

Kokomo Registered

Does VorpX work with RF1?

13. vittorio

vittorio Registered

anyone tried the new vorpx 0.8.0 released today? does it work with rfactor2?

see http://www.vorpx.com/vorpx-0-8-0-available-now/

Added Stereo 3D Profiles:
    - rFactor 2 (Z3D only, G3D too buggy)

is it usable in Z3D mode?

EDIT: just bought vorpx cause of rf2 support, hope it works ..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
  14. crz

crz Registered

After updating vorpx doesn't recognize my DK2 anymore... Will try a fresh install later.

Edit:

It works but I don't have time to find the right settings now, league race starts soon. Looked ok(ish) in the 2 laps I did but needs tweaking.

Edit 2:

Doesn't look right to me. Scale seems wrong and I don't know where to change it if even possible and I can't focus on things in the distance. Please tell me if you find any working settings but I'm out of ideas and there isn't much to configure anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
  15. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Same experience ATM. Z-Buffer doesnt work well so i changed to 3D-Geometry mode. (with some minor errors). But didn't find correct settings. I think its possible to adjust correct FOV (in advanced mode, my current settings arn't that off ATM). But my eyes get strained soon and it's not fluid even with plugin and FPS>100. ??

16. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I'm using Geometry 3d in VorpX, here are my settings, they are probably not perfect but it is comfortable and the scale looks accurate.

In rFactor 2 I have the vertical FOV set to 100. Make sure you have set the refresh rate to 75Hz.

In VorpX you must tick "Enable expert settings"

In the VorpX in-game menu (press delete to bring it up) set 3d separation to 60 and set focal offset to 20
    I think I left everything else set to defaults

Since I am using headtracking from vittorio's plugin, I disabled the VorpX headtracking.

The clio and kart drivers seem small, other cars drivers look normal. If you think the scale is wrong, try adjusting 3d separation. Lowering it makes everything appear larger, increasing it shrinks everything.

Mirrors and dashboard instruments are not being rendered correctly in Geometry 3d mode.

You can mostly fix the mirror problem by adjusting both the "game ui hud depth" and "game ui hud scale" settings from the VorpX in-game menu. Setting them both to about 1.00 seems to work for most cars.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
  17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

is anyone getting satisfactory results using the dk2 with rf2 now ??

18. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I think it is pretty good with VorpX now. Just needs a fix for the mirror problem.

19. svenh007

svenh007 Registered

Just tried the new Vorpx but rfactor 2 is not launching.
    It works without Vorpx running.
    Any idea ? Barf, you might have had similar issues !!
    any help is much apprectiated

regards
    Sven

20. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Do you get any error messages? Are you using any third party plugins? The older version of the Trackmap plugin wasn't compatible with VorpX, but the latest one works fine.