MODID error...............

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by INTEL48, Aug 12, 2013.

1. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

before build 240, I was able to create VMODs, and host on line.........
    Now.... I can still HOST ON LINE....BUT createing a VMOD...works and registers.....problem is when hosting THAT VMOD, I have this error.....Match maker status....Mod ID is invalid.
    I have friends I race with, they can create a VMOD for me, and send it to me.....Hosting THEIR VMODs work fine...server is successful..........HELP.........

ok.. have found my modid info.....was suggested to put that in vmod as I create it......now I get error...error while registering mod-MOD ID

does that mean my modid registration has failed...if so, where do I go to re register it again, cant find MANAGE ACCOUNT with this new build????????????

has been over 2 weeks and no reply from anyone at ISI........not a good

cheers
    INTEL48

2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

3. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

nope havnt used that at all

4. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

well that should help your issues

5. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

doent help it al all, has nothing to do with the exe file or login issue......modid registration is the problem...can only be fixed by ISI if they ever read these forums

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Duplicated thread.nothings solves this issue ye so wait until ISI solves it. Tim just firwarded it to developers

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

7. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

I to have not been able to create a package with Builld 240. It doesn't matter what car or track I try to add. I was lucky I still have an older MAS2 app

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
  8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I am not sure it is related to mas2.exe. it is possible to download an older build to get previous versions from it. However it is worth a try. I could upload some versions of it if you want. I cannot try it myself since it works fine for me and is the reason why I believe is not mas2 version related problem. I would say it is relate dot he update of the server at late July.

9. JohnnyB

JohnnyB Registered

I have exactly the same problem as SPASKIS.

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I am not having problems creating vmods but I always increment the version number unless I am using a new mod name. Have the people having problems tried incrementing the version number? I think if you use the same name and version number you normally need to unregister before registering again but this isn't possible right now. But really the version number is there for a reason. Just use the date in the version number if you want. Like 13.08.12... if you have two in the same day do 13.08.12.1 and so on. Just make sure you do yy.mm.dd so the numerical value always goes up.

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I've already passed this issue on, but please try what Noel says.

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I forgot to suggest trying that as well. I thought about it but I am think we changed last mod's name when my webmate had problems and d didn't solve it. We'll get the anser soon anyway :)

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'm told this might be fixed... OP, please let me know, and if anyone else still has this let me know as I don't know what was changed in the back end to fix it. Don't know if it was a blanket fix.

Email best to make sure I know...
    timw@imagespaceinc.com

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

14. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Fill in the E-mail and password boxes?

15. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

Removed in this image because it is my personal email so people won't send me trash. :)

16. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

:)

I suggested this because mine were blank. I switched to the updated launcher when MP wouldn't remember my login. Worked ok until I tried to make a mod. My e-mail and password fields were empty. Filling it in manually allowed the mod to register properly. Strange thing is, after using the mas tool my MP login is no longer remembered.

17. Jonathon LeFaive

Jonathon LeFaive Registered

The old "Purchase" tab UI had allowed for the reservation of mod ID's without actually registering the mod with a signature and version. This is not supported with MAS2 and these reservations were causing issues for some users. I deleted all of these reservations a few minutes ago, so this should not be an issue anymore.

18. Jonathon LeFaive

Jonathon LeFaive Registered

If you're updating a particular mod ID, incrementing the version is necessary, but using a date format for the version number is not really supported. Version numbers should be within the range of 0.001 and 99.999. If using a second decimal place works for you during registration, it's likely ignoring the second decimal place and the numbers that follow it or otherwise parsing it in some weird way.

19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

This is good to know. Thanks!

20. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

This what I sent to ISI suppoert team

before build 240, I was able to create VMODs, and host on line.........
    Now.... I can still HOST ON LINE....BUT createing a VMOD...works and registers.....problem is when hosting THAT VMOD, I have this error.....Match maker status....Mod ID is invalid.
    I have friends I race with, they can create a VMOD for me, and send it to me.....Hosting THEIR VMODs work fine...server is successful..........HELP.........

ok.. have found my modid info.....was suggested to put that in vmod as I create it......now I get error...error while registering mod-MOD ID

does that mean my modid registration has failed...if so, where do I go to re register it again, cant find MANAGE ACCOUNT with this new build????????????

This is the reply I got from ISI support

"You can use MAS2.exe in your support\tools folder for registering mods."

They must think I an an Idiot.....how else can you create a VMOD.......if this is the competence of the ISI support team....god help this game if it ever get a real bug