Pit stops count, types changes count to optimise endurance races

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by seubi, Aug 11, 2013.

1. seubi

seubi Registered

Hi Team,

I'm very happy to have bougt the beta of rfactor 2! In the build 240, cars feeling are really great ! :D

I love playing in "endurance mode" (I dream about racing a "Le Mans" track in rfactor2) and some little things are missing to compare results with opponents/different cars):

1. Counting Pit Stops (all + tyres changes) in session screen :
    In the session(?) screen (see the attachment View attachment 9307 ) it will be very usefull to add a column which counting the number of pit stops, and the number of pits stop with type changes.
    For exemple, in my screen shoot, the leader have made 4 pits stop, and only 2 of them was with (>=1) tyres changes.
    The P2 has made 3 pit stops, and he has change (>=1) tyres every time (3 too).

2. Counting Pit Stops in race :
    - It will be great if the Pit Stops count (all + tyres chages) could be also viewed in race (in the HUD), after the time gap for exemple.
    - Maybe it will be great if cars in the pits have a special colors in the list ?

... More "endurance" content
    I'm dreaming about FIA WEC cars and track of course ... ;)

See you ISI Team !

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
  2. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

I agree with this. It would be very useful, not only in endurance but also for oval racing, to see at a glance how many pit stops you or an opponent has made. I would like to see that in the monitor screen, but in the race HUD I think it would be better to show the last lap each driver made a pit stop, and whether or not a tire change was made on that stop. It would greatly increase the in-race strategies with that info.

Another thing I would like to see (and I'm not sure, this might already be implemented) is allowing a server to force a minimum number of pit stops per race, while also forcing a change to specific tires. For example, in Izod Indycar, each car is required to run at least one lap on their 'black' tires, and one lap on their 'red' tires (they can run any number of laps on either, as long as each set is used at least once.) This would be a great, if not almost required, feature for when the Indycars become available.

ps. btw seubi, I think you may have attached the wrong picture to your post. It is just some kind of error message, and I don't think it is even related to rFactor 2.

3. seubi

seubi Registered

Yes you are right, in Formula1 too there is two types of tyres they must use in race.

@NWDogg: thanks i've corrected my attachment

4. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

+1, sorely needed.