rFactor would be perfect if.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jibawakee, Aug 10, 2013.

1. jibawakee

jibawakee Registered

I love rfactor its amazing. I love the stunning visuals the amazing physics and everything else about it. The only problem i have is that when i turn on the HDR setting my framerate goes from 80fps to about 25fps. I have a decent(not very good) graphics card its the GT640. I have a i7 3770 and 16 gb ram so the specs are good but i dont know why i get so low fps can someone help me

thanks

2. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Have you tried running in windowed mode, rather than full screen? I get an average of 30 fps more than full screen at the same resolution. No idea why, but it's the first thing you should try if you haven't already.

Other than that, try reducing the quality levels (starting with AA) one at a time until you get the fps where you want it. I eventually dropped my desktop resolution down to 1280x800, everything on high or full with HDR and FXAA on. Runs on average 100 fps with a GTS 450 (I need a new card). I run at higher res sometimes but have to drop HDR to get constantly above 60, the feature is just a resource hog.

3. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Traditionally, anything nvidia ending in 40 is aimed at the budget end of desktops; good enough for your desktop applications and the OS's 3D GUI, will handle the rendering of HD video, will struggle with games at higher resolutions and high quality settings.

Gaming cards start at the x60, go higher for more performance at a lot more price.

You've got a lovely CPU and plenty of RAM for the job, you just need to beef up the mismatched Graphics card.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've read this elsewhere and decided to check it out with my HD7850 (overclocked), I get 10+fps in full screen mode than windowed so it's the opposite for me!

5. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

6. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Perfection for me would be from one to ten, one being most important...

1. DirectX 11 support
    2. proper anti-aliasing support
    3. HDR that looks good for the entire 24 hour cycle, not just at dawn and dusk.
    4. advanced shaders including proper car paint with real fresnel reflections
    5. depth of field and motion blur
    6. full fidelity replays that use actual player physics not just a recording of what the player did.
    7. many more replay camera angles like iracing
    8. body flex, part flex / part vibration
    9. ultra-realistic damage model
    10. upgraded sound engine

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

GT640 has 1/4 the cuda cores (shader processor/streams ) of faster 6xx cards

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013