Error prompt when loading tracks.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by deathofmarat, Aug 9, 2013.

1. deathofmarat

deathofmarat Registered

Doesn't matter ISI or third party mod.
    All files verify (except the launcher fix)

inb4reinstall - This is becoming a supremely tired routine, if I'm honest.

View attachment 9214

2. MJP

MJP Registered

I believe it's due to a corrupt Mercedes SLS Safety car file, try downloading it again.

3. deathofmarat

deathofmarat Registered

Appreciate the prompt reply, but unfortunately this hasn't resolved my issue. :(

4. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Can you post a screenshot of your modmanager list with all the top row selectors switched ON?

5. deathofmarat

deathofmarat Registered

Yes I can. Linked to prevent illegibility due to down scaling.
    http://i.imgur.com/ZNPTWOv.jpg

6. Tuttle

Oh dear..:) Looks you've the entire web installed. :)

BTW, first thing you can try is to uninstall ALL those ISR megane/meganes public I see on the top of the list.

I'm here for the next 20minutes.

Let me know.

7. deathofmarat

deathofmarat Registered

Yeah, it's an unfortunate reality when you want to race online. Everyone and their mother needs to rename vmods for their own special branding and add seventy-five obscure and poorly made tracks to boot...

Anyhow, you were right to finger the ISR mods. Problem resolved when all the ISR mods are removed. Singleplayer and any other multiplayer servers work fine up until you try and join and ISR branded server again... then back to the same old error prompt.

Okay. I can work with this. Just another reason to avoid the ISR guys. I'll live without em.

8. Tuttle

Well, they didn't do this on purpose. Just a corrupted asset and it can happen.

BTW, glad you sorted it out. :)

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It is very nice that you have solved this guy's problem. However being from ISI I would expect that you could explain the reason why having installed a mod would cause problems when loading a track that has nothing to do with mods.

It does not sound very nice to me to blame ISR when apparently the problem
    is being caused by some kind of interference between components.

I guess that ISR people are not doing it on purpose and they would like to know the reason why these type of problems can occur. Maybe the mod manager is not robust enough?

One thing that I think mod manager should include is the possibility to downgrade components and not only uninstalling them. The hierarchy used appears to be one way only. I mean that if the multicomponent is uninstalled all components are uninstalled. However I cannot understand why a component which is included in a multicomponent package can be uninstalled without uninstalling the multicomponent. When doing it the multicomponent appears as damaged. What the heck is then a multicomponent?

Edit: you posted seconds before my post not blaming them. Thanks for that. Could you better explain that asset issue you mentuon so that we can understand?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I have been looking at the component list of the image and I can see that you have multiple tracks installed with several versions. This gives problems and should be corrected within the game. Why? Because later on you are not able to select which one you want to use at least when using all tracks and vehicles. I have not done many tests with mods about it but I remember one case where one of my mates from euskotracks had just packaged the latest version of one of his tracks that only he had, and made a vmod with it. He had not changed the version number and another mate was able to join the server. I cannot remember the details since was long time ago but it seemed that MAS unique Id check was not properly working. I also was told by people from ISR that the same thing applied as well to vehicles.This would be an easy way for cheating and I hope it has been solved. I haven't tried myself to do it and it would be good to hear ISI pov about the subject.
    Sorry if I did not explain myself correctly

11. Tuttle

SPASKIS, sometimes I think you need to read twice what people are saying.

I just suggested EXACTLY what the ISR guy is suggesting to his own users to solve the issue as it's a know bug caused by a corrupted SLS used in the ISR megane vmod.

Cheers.

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

And in which thread is he suggesting that? For sure not in this one. Should I read the whole forum before posting?

The guy suggested redownloading SLS I didnt know it was from ISR and did not mention it was a known bug. Apparently that didnt solve the problem. You told him to uninstall it not to redownload it. I guess you are the one that should better read the posts.

Could you explain why having a corrupted vehicle component could lead in the failure for loading a track?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2013
  13. Tuttle

Where did you read about the failure for loading a track? Usually a generic missing car texture ends in one or several error messages, but the track should be loaded at the end of the process. The track loading can ends in a CTD if a track asset is missing. This is what usually happen.

If you're asking why a corrupted veh could lead in a error during a track loading it's because during the same operation the game is loading all components involved in the combo.

About the ISR stuff I've suggested to uninstall those component just because I read in the past the same issue in several forums/threads, and the SLS (the one downloaded from the ISR server) install/uninstall wasn't working to much as expected. Nothing more, nothing less. No need to add any drama or intentions I didn't have at all, like blaming anyone.

I just tried to help the guy to re-join the game without getting errors.

That's all.

14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

In the title of the thread. I should have used error term instead of failure to be more clear.

Thanks for the explanation about the error.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 4 Beta