[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

A little upset at how easily we, the ISI forum community, are willing to let one of our fellow members go. Yes, it is his choice but we don't have to be alright with that. A few bitchy apples messing up someones perspective on the whole group is NOT something we should be OK with.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Its inevitable I think, most people, including me, have no idea what go's into modding. a while back a track maker posted a 3D wireframe of a track he was building and I was kinda shocked with the amount of work that went into it.

Sure, we can guess, or assume, but seeing what went on....

In that respect I suspect its easier for people to comment negatively or with a lazy attitude, simply because they have no idea and never think about it. after all for the end-user something simply gets released and used. that's about the whole process end-users go through most of the time.
    An negative comment might be just that, ignorance and/or a lack of empathy. not nesseserarly deliberate, just more or less unaware the massive amount of work, time and passion that went into something and not aware a modder has poored his heart into his project.
    And the more went into it, the more sensitive people will get most of the time because its crossed a point and is now a personal matter.

Its the same for ISI I reckon, i'm pretty sure they regretted at times creating these forums for rf2 but they made a smart move by getting Tim on board so the dev's don't really have to read all the bs we are posting about their precious project :p

Lets hope Pleclair learns something from it and if you are reading this mate, it will be the same on other platforms so best to try a different approach to modding and start protecting yourself a little bit more.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

4. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

I just tested the latest version 1.65 with the "Ferrari Challenge" (F458): This is just amazing, incredible! (my stongest feeling in simcar)
    How some people can complain about this track?
    I do not understand it! ... And this track is done by a single person!!...incredible too!

5. gkz

gkz Registered

The problem is the corners etc. are complete off on the com8 version. There are a lot of base information to make a new nordschleife with the correct geometry.

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

implying Com8's version was correct?

7. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

...when I read the post of gkz correct he is saying that the Com8 version is not correct?! I don't know the com8 but, honestly, I don't mind whether the corner radius is exactly the same as on the "real" Nordschleife. I like the track pleclair made very much and agree that he did an incredible Job. To said that he is quitting to work on the track because some people are not appreciating his work as they should do. Was hoping that at some point of time the Nordschleife GP and Ring Tourist Tracks are merging together and we get the VLN / 24 hour race track.

Looking forward to see your version of the nordschleife soon.

Sent with Tapatalk

8. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Anything other than the goal of the most faithful representation of what we all want can only be a fantasy track. We need to strive closest to reality with the track.

9. Nor

Nor Registered

That is one of most unqualified comments i have ever red here. Would like to know where to get better base information to create new nordschleife from scratch which is better than this one. If you think Googleearth will do the job, you are on the wrong path.:D

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk 2

10. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

And another modder that stops thanks to the community. Not surprising.

Pieclair, if you're reading, here's my advice : give it some time, and then, if you enjoy modding, come back working on it. Just do it for yourself, the way you want, and keep it for yourself.
    You'll still have a nice hobby, that can lead to a working opportunity (like woochoo, feels3, etc...), and you won't have to deal with the community.

Or if you still want to release stuff, just release as is, and the community will have to "take it or leave it".

11. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Guys...Please take every good track offered and appreciate the work of whom ever gives it.
    There is nothing which dictates they have to share and most of us are not skilled enough to make them.
    We are simulation racing. Every little detail does not need to be !00% perfect... as long as the representation is there and good.
    Discouraging folks through constant criticism is not the way forward and robs the community as a whole.
    I actually had the opportunity to drive 1.65 last night for the first time. I thought he did a very good job given the scope of the project.
    The enhanced lighting really added to the overall 'life' of the track. I liked it.
    I took the curbs and cobblestones some folks were complaining about as a challenge.
    It really was not worth losing a great talent over.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014
  12. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

I totally agree with what Saabjock says.

13. gkz

gkz Registered

lol its funny when ppl try to hate or change things. I never dissrespect the rfactor 2 version or the hard work of the modder for the community. I just said the corners are off . This is just a fact. I know i it can t be 100 % like laser scanned but the com8 version has corners where the speed is to 40-50 km/h off. One of the greatest corner version in rfactor 2 is croft.

14. filippu

filippu Registered

maybe, just maybe, instead of complaining, you should have offered your data (well, when pieclair was working on that, now it's too late) that shows how inaccurate it is.
    or you have no clue, no data, and you saying "it's a fact" doesn't make it a fact.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014
  15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

pleclair knew how far off the com8 version was but it was beyond his expertise to go around fixing that as apparently it'd be more work than going from scratch. There's no point arguing anything here, v1.65 is what is out and maybe or maybe not there'll be one final update if the 64-bit exporter is released.

16. Nor

Nor Registered

@gkz, still no qualified answer. Missing the link to the available correct data.

For your information, i worked with com8 and few other people on that track. My part was to fit the layout to reality as best as it is possible for a track which is based on gplegends, as nordschleife is. So i know what i talk about.

Waiting for the better free available data from you, without stealing mesh from an other platform.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk 2

17. willz

willz Registered

I simply love both these versions of the mother, and did send a donation, you will always get good and bad feedback thats life you can`t please everyone, and yes it would be nice to see what pleclair could do with 64 bit, but only he knows how he feels, if neg feedback destroys his motivation and enjoyment then I agree with him and to hell with it. However if he want to advance down the path of modding he will get knocks along the way everybody does, I for one wish him all the best

18. addyduss

addyduss Registered

I'll just leave this here.

19. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Nice video. Not really relevant but still a very nice video.

20. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

If I understand it correct this video was sent to pleclair and not to you.
    Maybe you take some time read his last posts read the words under the video and listen a bit more to the video.
    Then take a moment to consider about your post I hope after that you got the point and maybe in future you can do this before you post something like that.

or I take your post in the wrong way and you got the point.
    Then I must say very subtle and or sarcastic.

Hope really I got it in the wrong way.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014