[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. F3n3k

F3n3k Registered

+1
    Good luck and thanks for your outstanding works.

2. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Thank you Pleclair.
    Although I have not turned one single lap in any sim for over two months due to a hardware failure and moving,
    I know that when I do, your latest version won't disappoint...it never does.
    I appreciate all of your hard work making this track what it is today.
    Continue whatever you decide to do in life with best wishes.
    Thanks again.

3. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

All that effort that went into tracking you down to make sure you weren't killed and now this.. Boooo.

The kerbs are indeed an issue but that is a fix you can accomplish. Once that is done I can't imagine anyone else complaining. The trees are getting so close to perfection!

4. bwana

bwana Registered

One glaring omission that is a must Peclaire... you must put your name on the the loading screen please.. you deserve the credit

5. Shocking news mate, but you have to do what's right for you.

Its far too easy to get wrapped up in the soap opera of forums and people who are never satisfied.

Thank you for all your hard work and everything you have done to make this track a joy to run.

Good luck dude and keep your chin up mate, you have done a stella job with this and no one can deny that.

6. lbird

lbird Registered

Sorry to hear this, it is really a pity that you are disappointed by the reaction of the rF2 crowd. I happily donated when you were posting your hardware problems, and i think a lot of people here did.
    You put a heck of an effort into Nords, and i absolutely like your version (with or without kerbstones) and appreciate everything you did. Especially the last versions were a big leap forward in the gardening area and surroundings (aka trees and the like).
    I know there are a lot of people complaining about minor things and shortcomings. But on the other hand look at it this way: In the beginning everybody was happy to have something big and important like Nord at all. Then you got better and better with your skills and the track got much better too. People then tend to take what they have as a given and start to notice and point out little things and glitches. That may seem like nitpicking, but on the other hand it shows the interest and attention to detail on the side of your audience. In general i think you got a lot of very very positive feedback, and that was well deserved. And don't forget that a lot of people supported you in the beginning when you needed more hardware. On a fan based level, without a job or working contract involved, that is a lot of support which i have not experienced very often.

If you decide to move on to other things: That is entirely your decision and nobodys business but yours. I personally would appreciate it big time if you would continue your work, especially with the much needed 64bit tools on the rF2 horizon. And to contact ISI for work or apprenticeship is not a bad idea either. But i don't see anybody ever making a living out of modding without company connections and contracts involved, but just based on fan donations. Sorry to say that, but that is an illusion. You get noticed for your community work but money only comes with a company contract.

Just my 2cents, a long post, but you deserved some thinking and honest words big time.
    And finally again a big big thank you for what you did so far, even if you never release anything connected with Nord again, you did a great job!

7. kpawson

kpawson Registered

This is not good news at all Pleclair :(

You will never keep everyone happy and there are just some people in this world that are just nasty and have no respect, but that's life. They say no news is good news and I think many of us myself included was happy with every release and update that you made. I just didn't bother posting about it, was too busy driving it :) I did donate to you and sent you a message from the donations page. The latest release is better IMHO especially at the carousel with the extra bumps it has, and I don't mind the change in tarmac textures either.

To be honest I think you are giving up on this and that's not a good sign for any prospective company or persons who might be watching this thread including ISI... if that's what you are wanting to eventually end up doing? Hopefully you will come back to it at some stage and keep working on it and if you really do enjoy working on this sort of thing you will. So don't give in too easily, chin up and please reconsider?

Thank you for your work Pleclair it has provided many hours of enjoyment for me and I will continue to use the track (latest version).

8. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Hey dude, don't give up !!!

64 bits is here :)

Same here when I make cars or tracks ports, I only have complaints :)

Keep the faith!!!

9. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

10. Luka Oslakovi

Luka Oslakovi Registered

Pleclair first thanks for awesome work on this track. For me the last version looks best! So i dunno, if people complain too much here i'd simply trust my 'instinct' or the people you know better about some things like tarmac etc. to me it looks great in this last version.. I'd suggest tho, you make another update(or whatever u got planned with kerbstones) and then move on for some time on with another project, or take some break and dont stress yourself with working so much on the track, 15h/day is way too much. Get little exercise take some breath and get some new wind, don't have to be stuck with Nord forever, you can still make update time to time when/if you feel.

Anyway just my toughts, thanks again for this awesome work, i really enjoy the track and look of it is a lot more natural now.:)

11. svenh007

svenh007 Registered

Sad to hear.
    I really like the latest version and I think it could be treated as being finished. I was really hoping for the 64bit version and that you reduce the height of the kerbstones.

The kerbstones was for me the only part to complain about

Wish you all the best for the future. hope you change your mind for a final version

Regards
    Sven

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Not when we're talking art it doesn't.

Pleclair's own artistic needs is the important thing here. No mystery nor tragedy that he feels that he needs to move on.

We as a community could not have asked for at better third party version of this track and we are very lucky that he worked on it as long as he did.

When people started getting hung up on the kerbs I had a feeling that things would take this kind of turn before too long.

I had a similar experience a few nears back when I was part of a Danish online song writers community. We all collaborated in making albums with specific themes. Everyone but me had one specific approach to making music, and my approach was constantly second guessed and flamed. People got hung up on small details instead of looking at the big picture.

Needless to say that I got fed up too and had to move on. Again, the artistic need is what matters. Listeners or in this case players, not so much. Artists don't create art to please others. They do it to please themselves.

13. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Sad to hear you are leaving rF2 pleclair. Your efforts have been remarkable. I'm enjoying your latest version and I'm sure for every complainer there are many, many more who really appreciate all the improvements you have made.

14. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Sad to hear :( I'm sorry I should have dropped in and said thanks for the new update... because I enjoy it (but I don't like the curbstones, that's all)

I've never thought about the donation link tbh. To thank you for your hard work (maybe a little too hard) I'll donate 150. Thank you.

15. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

The needs of the "few" people who have complained about some minor details of the track not to their liking should not be specifically catered to as opposed to the "many" who appreciate Mr. pleclair's tireless work. As a jazz musician for over 35 years I personally have an appreciation for the application of artistic license. All the best to you and Mr. pleclair.

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It's a massive shame to walk out knowing you can - and would - do more. Focusing on a couple of comments instead of remembering the dozens of others who were concerned for you over the months, and are currently wishing you the best, it's a stab on the back in my eyes. I speak with no bias since I have never run this track but have followed this topic.

17. TJones

TJones Registered

Thank you for your hard work pleclair, wished i had wrote this little sentence more often in the past, as you deserved it.

I understand your feelings, you put a enormous amount of time and passion in your projekt, and at the end you could'nt find well deserved apprecation.
    I think, the most important is, that you have fun with the game. Not only while driving, but also your work on the Nordschleife. If this isn't the case (anymore) it doesn't make sense to continue.

I still have hope you take a break, regain motivation and continue with the project at some fine day.
    I also hope you don't leave rF2 community.

Don't forget, you are pleclair, the man who brought the Nordschleife to rF2, noone else, be proud of !

18. djvicious

djvicious Registered

Hi pleclair. I finally sent a donation out to you! I'm sorry I wasn't able to do this sooner. Thank you for all the effort you put into this track, and for the many hours of fun I continue to have with it!

19. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Oh you son of a... I was thinking more like 100 dollars. Maybe I'll donate 150.01 then! :p

20. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

LOL. I meant 15, not 150. Sorry :eek::eek: But sure, go ahead! :)