[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. pleclair

pleclair Registered

No, just watched it for the first time, I will bookmark this, this is the best fall (or spring maybe?) video I have watched.. and its bumper cam even better... no dash around. So it shows the pine trees better... aint so good for the leafy trees, but I have other videos for this.

One thing that strkes me everytime I watch a real video... when I started this, people said, lower the curb, com8 did them really too high, etc... And the more I watch videos, the more I think a lot of curbs in our version could instead be raised then lowered.. in fact I cant see many being lowered... if any.

Another thing, the elevation changes are much more brutal in com8 version, which I happen to like.. it might be too much for real life (ie the jump at pflatz or quiddel, but in a game, its just perfect)... and to think of it, I can't see how he wasnt aware, so he probably did this on purpose. Its more fun to race after all.. the fuschrore is a lot steeper in com8 than evo, or real video... on the other hand, when you get back uphill after it, its not elevated enough in com8... and more in evo... so its easier to brake after running downhill at full speed.

So I'm not sure I would prefer racing the more accurate version instead of this one... This one is a lot of fun actually. I can't lap for long in evo... what I like about it is the narrowness, and how close the trees are to track, other than that, I like com8 layout better.

2. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Yes you are right, every curbs are set at the moment to generate a bit of dust, seeing the screenshots, it looks still too much... i pretty much race cockpit and barely watch replays nowaday, so I tend to overlook some kind of stuff like this... and objects in mirror that once disappeared because of LOD being too tight... I'm not running mirrors so I wasn't aware....

3. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Excuse me, I'm not express myself clearly because of my English.
    Not the amount of dust in itself, is that during a race 5 laps there is absolutely no dust in all the circuit, however sometimes when you restart the race is visible from the first corner.
    Or it's related to maths or 3d concepts that I do not understand? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  4. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I'm not aware of the issue. I haven't noticed it myself. I'll try to watch a couple of replays and test out with the swingman cam and see if I can reproduce it. Not sure what the problem could be tho? If you try with medium graphic settings and only 1 ai for example, do you also get the issue? That might be something to look for. Cause I know there is a max number of "cloud" that can be generated... which is set to 512 or 1024 I believe, but it could be that your system is already tight, and cannot display them? I really have no idea, I'll try to look out for it on my own.

Anyone else noticing the issue?

5. delapecs

delapecs Registered

I noticed when I press CTRL+X for accelerated time when looking a race from IA (like a spectator) to bypass the firts straight. Perharps when I restart enought times I reach the max number of cloud and since then there are no more dust until I quit the game to post here and run the game again.

6. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Too many theories and hours awake. Tomorrow I will continue investigating.
    If there is a way to disable it, will be welcome. :)

7. Magzire

Magzire Registered

This latest build kind of went in to wrong direction for me. The track objects brings a lot of life, but the track (tarmac) itself is really not doing it for me.

Same track conversion, different game.

rFactor

AC

AC is just a cleaned up version, not that heavy modified but weighing in at 140mb.

8. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Are you really comparing the two versions? Well, I'm sorry if it doesn't pleases you, but I'm happy that you found something that suits your taste tho... enjoy AC!

EDIT: Oh and btw, if you are complaining about sizes, which are still in MB, when we have hard drives now in TB.... I think you are complaining with your mouth full.

And no need to have recorded a video in AC, a link to an old rFactor video would have done the same...

9. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Keep cool Pleclair... Your version is the best !

10. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Well, at least until they have a laser scanned version, yes I believe so as well. Even if evo was straight converted without any changes, it wouldnt look as good actually.

At the moment, it's not a good time to start conversation like this, I'm dealing with enough as it is in real life at the moment, add a stupid neighbour who's dog bark from early in the morning till late at night, and piss next to your window, and you smell the hot piss thru your window.... I mean, do I really have to tell the guy to not have his dog piss next to my window? Are we really there now? Goddam stupid people. And her previous dog pissed right on our barbecue..... yesterday I tilted and let him know what I think of all this. I think its gonna be good now.

EDIT: Oh and the worse is... when the dog pissed next to my window, she was standing nearby, looking in another direction... so she wasn'T seeing what he was doing, but was well aware of it... same as when her previous dog pissed on our bbq...

11. gagipro

gagipro Registered

There's a dog that pisses everyday on my TMAX...

If I see him or his owner, I'll shoot in the both bollocks !!!

12. pleclair

pleclair Registered

TMAX? I'm not sure what that is :)

I mean, I have nothing against dog, I love them, I had one for 12 years, but she never bothered anyone, and was well taken care of. She came to me at work everyday for nearly 3 years... (I was working in a computer store inside a shopping mall... and she wasnt a poodle either, she was a german sheppard crossed with collie...

But those guys shouldnt have a dog.. the previous one was bad enough, I would have thought she found out she wasn't capable of having a dog, specially from the baby age... and she got another one... so it's becoming even worse than the previous...

She should have gotten a cat instead. The kind of owner that when the dog did something bad, to try to lure him to her instead of going to him and catch him, or raise tone and have him listen, she showed a bag of sausage and give him one... even after us telling her how dog works... she still does it... I mean.. ARGH!

EDIT: Actually, to show you how I love dog, when she moved in, 1 year after us in the building here... she had her dog, and he was so problematic, so barking, that I decided to try to do something with him since I liked him nevertheless, he was a nice dog, a labrador/pitbull (the new is pure lab), and for a year I kept him while she was away during the day, since everyone else in the block was making complaint and she would have to part with her dog... then the piss on the bbq, on the little mound of earth we have in front of our window (we are part underground part ground, so the window is straight at ground level, and on the back there is a little mound in front)... which dripped back on the asphalt and left large stains everywhere...

13. It sounds like it is trying to be dominant over you and marking its territory, it must feel intimidated by you.

You need to shout at it and spray it with water every time it piss's under your window. A handy thing to do, would be to install a sprinkler by the windows and have to on a random timer.

Or sprinkle pepper dust on the ground, once it sniffs it, it wont want to go back there.

14. pleclair

pleclair Registered

No, I know the problem isnt with the dog, he's marking territory, we have now a cat, and he sometimes gets in and out of my window, instead of the patio door. But nevertheless, the problem isnt with the dog itself, but with the owner, well aware of what his dog is doing, who let him do his stuff...

I mean, we live in a place where the only patch of grass we have, beside the grass on the other building right next to us, which we cant really use, is the mound we have in front of our window... well in the back of the building at least... so if she was right in her mind, she wouldnt let her dog piss anywhere nearby knowing our son actually go out sometime to play on it.

The same for the barking problem, the dog aint nothing to do with the problem, it all stems from its masters.

EDIT: Hmmm the pepper dust seems actually a good idea, I'll remember that :)

15. Ah! yeah, the cat will explain everything.

:)

you can plant some nettles too, they work good enough.

16. pleclair

pleclair Registered

@Magzire: Just thinking, you went to the extent of recording a video of my track, using no realroad, and no weathered sky... it sure doesnt look very attractive, almost look like dev mode.

Here is how it normally looks:

On a side note, I was cranked up and beaten my fastest lap with any car with the Dallara... went under the 5m40 range.

17. kill_em_all

kill_em_all Registered

I don't think you should explain or justify anything to people not thinking twice before posting things like that. If one doesn't like the latest version, use the previous, or the one before that, or none.
    Your work can defend itself pretty well I think. The AC/rF2 battle in the graphics area, is kind of lost by rf2 at this time imo. Physics wise though, not clear at all, so I'll keep playing both games. But all this has nothing to do wit the mods. Snoopy did a great job bringing very fast com8's work to a very decent state for AC, and AC covers extremely well the issues. Pleclair on the other hand, did a much more detailed and painstaking approach to adjusting the track.
    A big thanks to both for sharing their hard work for free.

18. Magzire

Magzire Registered

This was my favourite version. Nice balance of colours and tarmac looked best for me

19. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I agree with you on the tarmac tho... that is why I initially made it darker... I wasn't aiming at anything, I had not much reference, and went with what looked good to me in game, and that is pretty much it... then people complained it was too dark, it made it lighter, then it was too light, then I found a middleground...

The new one, both the medium and new, are actually very close to the brightness level of the older texture I replaced... and in turn, relatively close to some sample you find on the track as well... I was taking screenshot at a location I see in a nice video on the dottinger hohe, same spot as in the video, and was aiming to match the tarmac color around what I was seeing in the video, at a time in rfactor where I thought the picture was taken, judging by the shadows and lighting.

So the new tarmac color is a lot closer to reality, maybe not now, but as you can see in some older videos maybe, than it was during the time you showed the video...

But I agree that it did looked great to me as well!

The only thing tho, it was so dark, no details were coming thru...

EDIT: And regarding the older asphalt texture, well that one I made up from what I used to see in some old country road, where the tarmac is old and very light gray... I made it this way so you guys knows what you are riding on... cause at first the older texture was closer in brightness to the medium... sure when you are on it you know it, but it might be good to know beforehand sometimes :) So I made it appear as an old tarmac which has lost most of the rubber, with most of the rocks uncovered... this type of tarmac gets very light under strong sun, almost look like concrete sometimes... I didnt went that far tho...

20. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Well, I might have explained myself not exactly how I wanted to.... You all know I like rF2 the most, but I'm by no mean a rF2 fanboy, playing only rf2... the reason why I dont play AC atm, is because it doesnt have nordschleife yet... once it do, I will likely play it more often, with other cars I dont have in rf2... but physic wise, I prefer rf2, with the only exception of some of the tire feelings in AC, but its been overdone imo when taking curve and tire slip... it doesnt represent what you feel on a real wheel at all imo... and this break immersion for me... as I think about the dmg it will do to my wheel on the long run.

Graphic wise, I would say I also prefer rf2 as well... sure AC have more eye candy, the cars appear a bit more polished, but I dunno, in general, I believe the weather and lighting in rf2 as better, while not as much eye candy... hard to explain... the graphics are better in AC, but I dunno... it still looks better to my eye as I race in rf2... replays and screenshots are another story, they are probably better in AC, althought I havent taken many of those yet, since I dont really like their track selection at the moment...

I will also get pcars when I'll be able to, I liked shift2 quite a lot actually, except those darn drift race, and I think they made a great game once you got it set to your taste... unfortunately, the default and set in stone fov was a killer for me, used to race at 30-35... so when I found out how to change that, and remove the darn look to apex feature that is horribly done, I had a pretty decent sim going on.... sure it is "easier" than rf2 and other "real" sim, but only with the lower tier car... the higher one were still a good deal to handle, and even tho it didnt felt pure sim, it was closer to sim than arcade in my book... probably like 80/20 I would say...

I cant drive an arcade game no more.. but I was performing well after the initial hurdle in shift2... so I will probably like pcars as well, if they didnt went more arcade than sim.. but I doubt it, it can only be the other way.

I also wasnt commenting or dissing the AC port, I wasnt even aware of it anyway, as I dont follow it that much... all I was saying is it was comparing apple to orange... not the same thing... he was showing me something I came up a while ago already, so I was wondering why he was making the complaints in the first time... I mean, use one of my first version then? :)

But I agree, that I'm rather defensive usually, and normally I wouldn't have ticked off as much as this morning, but after the dispute with my neighbour yesterday, I was still on the edge this morning... and read that after waking up :)