[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

Welcome back Peclair :) One reason to fire up rF2 again. Track looks nice and lifefull. Veeeery good work. For my opinion a bit too much saturation. Maybe Tosch could conjure a new HDR Profile :) And the curbing as mentioned above does not bother me, but looks a bit historic. Overall awesome work just like always :)

Greets from germany

2. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Is there a simpe way of making small donations?

I would love to see a new computer in sort of admiration of his dedicated hard work!

Wish I had big money to throw at him! Such dedication he took upon himself and also being able to deliver.

Excuse if my sentences is not proper, but you get the message for sure!

3. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Has anyone else experienced a internal memory error on this latest version? Using B660 the track 99% loads then I receive an internal memory error pop up and then rF2 freezes. I have never experienced this issue before.

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

The link doesn't work any more!:(

5. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Glad to hear from you again pleclair :)

6. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Registered

Anyone have the new NoS on another host?
    Mega gives me "Temporary error, retrying" :-(
    Tried it for about 2h now ...

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Dust should be under the first Effects bit.

8. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

pleclair!!!! Welcome back and thank you for the update! Can't wait to try it when mega stops giving the error. Damn mega! So glad you are back. :)

9. kill_em_all

kill_em_all Registered

a working link anybody?
    Thanks.

10. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

I´m uploading one mirror in my mediafire account, but I´ll take a while, my upload speed isn´t very fast.
    4% of 610 mb. now.

11. kill_em_all

kill_em_all Registered

12. rer8

rer8 Registered

WOW!!! Just took two laps around this masterpiece! Did I say WOW? If not, WOW! Fantastic job! The download was fine, and I kept slowing down so I could take in some of the innumerable improvements to this favorite of all times track. Frame rates ran at a low of about 118 and a high of over 135. I have everything maxed out. Stunning! Thank you for your most excellent work. Wishing you and yours well.

13. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Yeah, I saved it to my BTsync right away.

14. mospider

mospider Registered

at me the same error :confused:

15. svenh007

svenh007 Registered

What is Hoover ? Anything important to know ?

16. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Hoover is he, he is a person, Uwes nickname, he usually takes the newest version and uploads it to btsync as the mega.something thing doesnt work properly to many people including me

17. svenh007

svenh007 Registered

Ah, ok. Thanks for explenation. Got it

18. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Thank you pleclair, it is wonderful to know that you are okay. Please always take time to look after yourself and your family. Your dedication and hard work is astonishing.

Yes you can send him a donation using paypal, see his first post in this thread. The donation link is above the Version 0.97g link

19. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Good news you are better now Plecair, thanks for the new amizing version. :eek:

20. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Greetings guys!

I got some good news coming up!

Yesterday, after reading the thread a bit, I noticed something that kept on coming back, which is the flickering. It's been a nuisance since we started this, and I'm taking matter in hand now.

I have removed the flickering on all the hanging flags. They were made of two strip of polys, one for each side. That's odd, cause rf1 supported two sided mats... I wonder why it was done like this? I can understand if it was done for the cheap animation eye trick, but other than that..

So I have removed all the double faces, and swapped the flag texture for one I had downloaded from gametextures :) Looking really nice now!

Another huge thing I did, I hunted down all the flickering happening in the paddock area. (inside the paddock, I have yet to do the bushes that flickers in front, on the dott.

While trying to remove the huge flickering on the glass panel on the cafe, I noticed that the glass texture and rails were two separate ones, both with double faces.. so there was a lot of excess polys there.

I have removed the railing texture completely, made 3d post instead, textured in metal, and I used glass panel from gametextures. Looking real nice again! No flickers...

I have also loaded the remaining gp objects that were missing, including the fences that should have been on the bridge to the left going into nordkehre.

And if that wasn't enough, here is something that should increase performance by a large margin. I don't want to say huge, but it should be pretty interesting.

I started work on the guardrails, using the textures made by gametextures, and this will boost performance by a lot. Why? The guardrails textures we have are huge, 2k for each panel, and there is more than 10. To save memory and package size, I have used the same spec/bump for all of them.

Now, the texture I have is 2k, but contains the textures of 8 guardrails. So that will be assigned to one mat, and I will redo the mapping on all guardrails, and this will remove the stretching found on some parts..

I have seen what they will look like in game, and im sure you will like them :) They are a lot closer to what you actually find on nord, and close to those we started with, only done much much better. The bump/spec will be matching for all 8 pieces, so the rusty ones should look pretty neat with the bumps and roughness! I have tried a clean one.

Oh, and I toned down, way down, the dust, it's barely visible anymore. If it's still a nuisance, I'll remove it.

So that's about it for now! I'll be working for a couple of days on these guardrails I guess!