[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Well, doing them in full 3d will take quite some time, there is a lot of them around! Replacing the texture only takes a fraction of the time, and gives similar results. So for now, I think it is a good idea! It will end up in 3d guardrails, but all in due time!

Upside down? The brightest part of the guardrail is the top part of the bottom half of the full texture I just showed. This is also made top in the cropped texture I made. The bottom cannot have more light than the top part... no? So how can it be upside down?

2. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Oh... you got it Ales! I think... I believe I lowered the minus bias on the guardrails since the original weren't looking so good with a minus bias. And I forgot to change that in the materials. I will do so now, and let you know how it turns out.

Regarding the reflections, look at the bottom of the list, all racesurface are there. I cannot add what is already there! :)

EDIT: You got a keen eye Ales! Turns out, when I merged the road and splitted it back, the numbering changed from RaceSurface_01 to numbering like 001. So the reflections for the road are in fact turned off, since I didnt updated the reflections instances. I will do so now!

Even looking at them again, I do not find them odd... I must train my eyes for this sort of thing I guess! Thanks for noticing and reporting!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  3. WHAT21A

WHAT21A Registered

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On these screenshots the texture is definitely upside down. (The the mapping on the guard rail needs flipping, again probably easier to replace them all then go around checking every piece to see if the mapping is flipped or not)

You can tell they are flipped because the middle section of each barrier piece looks like its bulging out instead of recessing in like a real guard rail should.

4. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Shaun was right. The texture is upside down (and the normal map too). Check the position of the scratch.

5. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Really? I cannot see it...

If you look at the original texture, I cropped the bottom part, and left the orientation the same way.

Now look at the bottom of the texture, you see a bit of grass in the 10 or so pixels of the texture. If that is not bottom, and is top, how is that grass showing up there?

Plus, the lighting on it seems to be brighter at the top than bottom too. Usually top should be more bright, no?

Also, look at the kinks, they are brighter on top... just as it should be. If i flip this vertically as you suggest, the brighter part will end up at bottom... won't look certainly right...

I'm puzzled.

EDIT: forgot to post my image:

[​IMG]

so you are telling me the red part should be top of the guardrail?

6. WHAT21A

WHAT21A Registered

No the texture is the right way around, however it looks like certain sections of the guard rail model have the texture mapping flipped to make it look upside down, your have to go around looking along the entire track to see which sections are flipped and which aren't.

7. Tosch

Tosch Registered

8. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Oh.... that's odd. Then I should only flip the textures around, since the original must have been mapped upside down. Cause I havent touched any bit of the guardrails's UVs.

It is like that all around track, now that you tell me. :)

Gee, how come I didnt noticed this!

I'll flip them around and see what it looks like.

9. WHAT21A

WHAT21A Registered

Ah cool that its like that the entire way round, much easier than a few small sections being like it :)

Just flip the textures and you'll be set.

10. pleclair

pleclair Registered

You were right :) It was really upside down. Now that I think of it, yesterday while I was working on them, I always thought the top (previously bottom) was a bit darker than it should have been. But the normal map helped it become lighter.

Now its looking as it should. Bias is now -2 for the texture itself, -1 for spec, -1 for normal map. Any suggestions?

Here how it looks:

[​IMG]

11. pleclair

pleclair Registered

At least, I'm happy that it wasnt a mistake of my part (ie, not figuring the right way the texture was)... cause if it would have been the case, I might have took a vacation!

12. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Looks far better now! :)

13. WHAT21A

WHAT21A Registered

That looks much better :)

14. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Here are a couple more screens with the new correct guardrails, and racesurface added to reflections.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. tjc

tjc Registered

16. pas74

pas74 Registered

Brilliant ...formidable....!! Bravo!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9500 con Tapatalk 2

17. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Can you send me the texture? I would like to try something. :confused:

18. whiplash

whiplash Registered

I have a problem since the the J-version, and the update hasn't solved it. Every time i want to load the ring, rF2 crashes on the loading screen at about 75%. It doesn't matter with which car i try, and i have tried both mega.nz and mediafire downloads...

Is there a trace-option like before? Are there .hat files to delete before a new version?

19. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I'm sending the psds to mega, I'll pm you the links when its online.

What is it you wanna try? :)

20. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Try to lowering the texture resolution and less AI cars. The textures for the track alone are 1.1GB + car skins + default textures (sky, dust clouds,...). Looks like you are running out of vram.