[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Tosch

Tosch Registered

2. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Hi.

Tosch, which hdr profile were you using in those pictures?

3. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Ok, sure :)

I already had started 0.97k with the new tatoo I made this morning, but I'll merge the changes on my side, and bump up my next update to l, and includes this small update in the next bigger one.

EDIT: Wait till you send me the bkg images, so I complete the skybox, then I will return it to you so you can include the full 360 in the update.

4. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I believe it is the more radical one he was speaking about. I just totally dig this!

Brilliant profile!

5. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Now we are talking :) Great shots

6. fischkopf

fischkopf Registered

Great version. I do not use any HDR but the atmosphere while driving at night is just amazing. I can not capture that with Screenshots. View attachment 10706

7. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I'm also a fan of night driving :) And often run at night too, since I run my session with 60x accel from 4am, after 1 and a half or 2 laps, depending on cars, it is then dark!

Actually, non-hdr mode is really good in 0.97j. Just yesterday, when I did the non-hdr shots, I forgot to enable it back, and it's only after 2 sessions that I realized this. The saturation is pretty good, and colors are still rather vivid in non-hdr mode. Shadows are darker than they used to be too. But this, I do not know why :)

Pretty happy with what we have now!

8. Tosch

Tosch Registered

RingBuild342V2gamma at 7am I believe.

9. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

+1

Make sure you get an IPS monitor. And get a good quality one, check reviews and let us know before you buy it

10. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Well, as we say in french, "Je ne veux pas abuser du pain bénît" :) I don't want to expect anything, and say I want this monitor, it will cost 500$.

When I picked my cpu, I chose something cost related, that was cheap, but effective. And I'm satisfied with it. I might add 8 more gigs, cause I often run short with 8, and everything come to a crawl. Luckily, I can do most things with 8, but there are times when I need photoshop, 3dsmax, and run the game, then it is too much. But one or the other, and I can still run the game fine.

But, I always ask for advices regarding hardware I buy, I dont want to spend it foolishly. I was once very up to date with the hardware, and with the job I had, I had the chance to try many different kind of motherboards, cpus, etc at the time, but its been 7-8 years already.. things have changed, and since I couldnt follow up and keep my system up to date as I usually did, I pretty much stopped following stuff that was coming out.

I'll just be very grateful for whatever I can get.

11. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I'm done with the update btw :)

You can download it here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!VQxw0ATa!N_1db2YnOd06cIPPCAcDH0bnntIBcGJ6eQDfIjNHc8Y

this brings us to v0.97j-1.

I didnt wanted to release as k, since most people are used to large downloads with 0.97x versions, so it might have confused some if k was so small.

This way, I think it might be clearer to those not following thread.

So what's changed?

The new camera positions, background image from Tosch. I also put in my new tatoo in. Right at the track start, I put it in front of a replay camera :)

I also added a bump/spec map on the background. You'll be surprised with the result I think. It had a lot more to it than I initially thought. I played with time setting in dev mode at different location, and I'm very pleased to see how it looks. It add quite some depth to it, making it look 3d, specially at times where the lighting affects it the most. ie some part are dark, some are still lit. Really nice.

And, the reason why it was longer, I also added a few real road saves. There is Light Rubber, Medium Rubber, Heavy Rubber, Record Setting Rubber, Record Setting Rubber - Wet Out. They were made from a session of 14 cars, gts, formula, group4-6, historic formula, pretty much all cars, so the rubber is a bit more varied maybe, and not as straight a path as if they were all the same kind. I dunno if it has really done this, but you'll let me know.

Light rubber is about 2 laps, medium about 4 laps, heavy is 6 laps or so, and record setting is 10 lap. Since I had a rain planned half way thru the session (came from some time ago, forgot to turn it off) I decided to save a real road with heavy rubber, dried out racing line, and wet outside.

And I also included all latest Tosch profile too. I think there is 5-6 of them.

So you will no longer have to search for them!

Enjoy!

12. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Oh, and regarding the background image, please let me know if I need to rotate it. I had no clue which way I should place it, so I left it as the mapping was, and with the image Tosch named. But it is a 360 degrees, so in theory, if they are all following each other, I should only have to move the mapping around and rotate the scenery around track.

13. Hectari

Hectari Registered

14. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Updated the first post with them. Thanks Hectari.

Regarding the bg image, I noticed that the bg is getting into the treeline far back, when you hit the 90 degree turn after the gp overlap. This will be fixed. I adjusted the skybox against the farthest piece of scenery everywhere, but forgot some hills go outside the land area.

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The smoothed fences and walls make such a big difference. Before they really stood out from the quality of the track, now it blends in great. Congratulations on the work!

16. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Outstanding color balance now. Great job pleclair!

17. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

pleclair, thank you very much for the track!! it is so much fun to drive, now after hours of driving and knowing the track better.

View attachment 10710

18. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

This J release is just a blast :).
    Track Looks really great in 3D mod (3D Vision), very good depth of field in cockpit view and from new cams.
    Just a thing, I've made a test with Formula 3.5 and there's some flickering in the mirrors.
    Thanks a lot Guys for all your hard work.

19. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I have renamed the background images. They have now a better (correct) orientation. :D

[​IMG]

20. pas74

pas74 Registered

Really a good release ....the colours are now better ballanced...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9500 con Tapatalk 2