[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. hoover

hoover Registered

Am I supposed to raise my sandal now, as that is HIS sign? ;)

Uwe

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Indeed, Abe Lincoln (I think) summed it up...

“You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”

As we say in my part of the world pleclair, crack on!

Your doing a fantastic job and it`s very much appreciated by us all.

:)

3. hoover

hoover Registered

Hey Tosch, let me know if you need help with seeding. Uwe

4. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Thanks Uwe, I try Mediafire now. Maybe the file is to large. I already had 80% uploaded and then it starts again. :mad:

5. tking

tking Registered

Thanks pleclair for all the fine work you have done. It provides great enjoyment for most all of us, and frankly, I trust your judgment for how the track looks and behaves. Learn all you can and listen to others who have the knowledge; but, trust your own judgment and please yourself. After all, YOU'RE doing the work.

6. Dale B

Dale B Registered

Pleclaire, if you need to step away and just run some laps, enjoy racing or whatever you need for yourself, you've certainly earned a break. You have poured your heart and soul into this and the work is absolutely amazing. Come back when your good and ready at your own pace!

Thank you so much for all you've done for our enjoyment!

7. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Tosch.. I did a few 60X laps in the new Enduracer Corvette and the headlights at night are remarkable but as dawn rolled around the G profile you provided takes their brightness to around 40% as the sky began to bloom. It was REALLY hard to drive in that blossoming light and I am sure sunset is similar but would need to verify. Is there a way to fix this?

[​IMG]

8. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

Pleclair Hello, excuse my bad English, runway looks fantastic, when I launch the first beta, I'll be honest I did not like, but follow his work and is now almost the only track I run, as we are all different and each have different tastes but even with those details that I do not like and others if, even with that, the track is very good.
    Rest as you need but do not be discouraged, feel proud that you have done a great job.
    Follow your advice and put the acceleration of time and spectacular ............
    Thank you for your esfurzo.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2013
  9. hoover

hoover Registered

Sorry, made a booboo juggling around the secrets, should have arrived at your end a second ago ;)

Uwe

10. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Pleclair, what you did with this track is amazing. So much fun racing it. I tried several version of the Ring from several other sims and I was never addicted to it. But your version is so good I can't stop driving on it using old Historical Car like Eve and Spark F2 and F3. So much pleasure man, you have really tons of talent and I really thank you for this wonderful gift you made! :) Thanks to you, thanks to all people who helped you. Great Team, Great Community, Great Sim!

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

pleclair: don't get dejected. As so many have recognized already, you proved "the community" wrong when many said one person could never overhaul this track. And a beginner, too!?!?! It was considered a joke!

However, you have done an amazing job and learned a lot in the process. Many of us have been concerned about your health, though. Pouring yourself into a project like this to avoid real life issues is a natural thing for many to do, but it's still unhealthy. Please slow down and yes, drive some laps and enjoy your work.

As for the one big issue that remains, texture colours, no one thinks it is odd that you might have some troubles with this when you don't have a proper high quality monitor!!!!!!!!!!! Please accept Tosch's help, given with good intentions. Let him fix the colours and drop them in while you work your magic on other tweaks and improvements. When you get to a 1.0 release (very close!), we'll organize a funding drive to get you a new monitor. Then, you can take some time to learn about colours when you are not "blind" due to inadequate equipment. You can't do absolutely everything on this track immediately yourself.

Please consider this. If you do, I pledge to donate $20 to the cause right now and I hope others will reply with a similar pledge (or whatever they can afford). We'll have you a new monitor before long. And if we need to expand our fund raising beyond this forum, so be it.

Hang in there and stay healthy! :)

12. Dale B

Dale B Registered

Looking at the Corvette in the above picture the headlights are really nice, is this mod specific because in some mods the headlights are very dull, don't seem to help much at all. Is there an adjustment to make them brighter. I know in rFactor1 you can tweak them but I can't see a way to do that with rFactor2.

Apologize for posting this in this thread but the picture brought this thought back out for me.

13. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

That looks fantastic on my monitor.

14. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

You can nearly turn the night into day if you want.
    The Pictures are all at the same nighttime with tweaked HDR Profile.

Dark:
    BlackPoint=0.000
    MiddleGray=1.00

Bright:
    BlackPoint=0.000
    MiddleGray=1.200

How it should be:
    BlackPoint=0.000
    MiddleGray=1.030

15. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

pleclair, step back and look at what you have accomplished here. ....... do you see it yet?
    This is a remarkable thing you have done here!
    All of us here have hung on to every post you have made, we've downloaded every new version, we've put so many laps on this track... and who gave us that chance in rF2??
    pleclair did ! that is who did it.
    Come on man, grin a little, we will let you.

16. Cousin_Ken

Cousin_Ken Registered

Thanks again pleclair
    Another donation is on the way
    You deserve a new monitor , vacation, and much more

17. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Pleclair you shouldn't be sad man, considering what this track looked like when you first started converting it, it's come a million miles. I just did a run to check out the latest version and I have to say I am loving it. The only thing that really stuck out were these neon green bushes below...

[​IMG]

I think one other issue regarding the overall color is this little fact. You cannot please both the people that run with HDR on, and those who run with HDR off. You should make it so that it looks right with HDR, and however it looks without it is just how it is. They just have to accept it. HDR is the future and that's the direction I would go if I were you. By the way, these screens were taken with HDR on but with no profile loaded.

I love how it looks most of the time, and the graffiti is looking really good now. Over all its great, just have to get the color sorted out and choose if you are making the track for HDR, or without. Can't go in-between or it wont look right for both.

But like I said, its looking so much better with every release. And the most important part; the road mesh, feels fantastic and is a real pleasure to drive on:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Hey pleclair, don't feel down. Everyone here admires what you have accomplished. Remember just three months ago we were all despairing about the cancellation of GMT's Nordschleife. Now everyone is enjoying driving your excellent version, any criticisms are just suggestions for future development. You do not owe us anything, in fact it is the other way around.

19. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I think this is a great idea. How much does a good IPS monitor cost in Canada? I also pledge to donate $20 for his new monitor.

20. Wee_Eck

Wee_Eck Registered

No problem sir, I'd just like to say thanks to you, for the opportunity, on a Friday afternoon, to blast around such an amazing re-creation.

And to PleClair, thanks a million for that/this re-creation. I suffered one difficulty and it was addressed so quickly, quick enough to shame some large organisations...
    I won't presume to individually influence you any sir but, I'll give it a go anyway. Please continue on...