[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

2. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Well, I dunno what to say to this.

The colors are saturated with the default HDR profile, that much I'm aware, and that is also normal. Look at any isi track with default profile, and its very strong.

When using the profile you sent yesterday, it almost becomes like without HDR, but with the hdr lighting effects. It was perfect for me at least.

Have a look at these:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have also redone the treeline normal maps, and added a couple tweaks to it. I added cones to add shape to it, and also a normal top-bottom gradient overlayed, so the lighting affects them better. One treeline have cones in their normal map in 0.97g, but it was more a test to see if it would work, and only got 3-4 cones in it, and no top-bottom gradient.

I'm sorry to say that until I can afford a new monitor, I'll be stopping work on Nord, at least publicly. I may work on my own, but no more updates will follow.

It's like fighting a battle I cant win.

Everytime I make a change, someone is pleased, and someone else complains. I'm out of juice now guys.

Tosch, if you wish, I can send you 6gb of PSDs, all those I edited for 0.97g.... if you wanna have the originals, I could rar them and send them, I dunno how tho...

EDIT: Just yesterday, someone said that was the best trees and bushes he saw in rf2... and you say it is horrible.. its like extreme opposites...

3. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Here is the remaining screenshots that didnt fit in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. argo0

argo0 Registered

Well, I really can't thank you enough for all you've done for us so far. Huge amount of work and you've made a lot of people very happy. Be very proud.

5. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

A big +1 to that

6. hoover

hoover Registered

+1 on argo0's comment, the track looks tremendous on my end and still has very good fps. Taking a break (you've really been lighting the candle on both ends over the last couple of months) might be the correct thing to do in this situation.

All the best
    Uwe

7. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks to Eck for testing the MP server and helping with creating a rrbin file. I've now set up a pre-rubbered qualy session (90 minutes) followed by a 5 minute warmup and a 30 minute race. Some clouds might roll over, but it should stay dry during the race. Also, I've added the Nordschleife track guide to the btsync folder.

Uwe

8. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

For anyone having Mega Troubles on FF.. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/meganz/?src=search Install that.

As for the track I liked the way 97g looked. I haven't had a chance to drive at noon or play with my own HDR's but I think it works fine.

Pleclair, take a break but don't think you can please everybody all the time. No matter how good a track or car gets someone will complain about something and it is up to you to feel the "temperature" of the fanbase and decide if it is indeed something the matter of if you can ignore it.

At this point I think Tosch should have taken over texture mods (since he is "the HDR guy") and you should be working on hammering the geometry, tree placements, and expanding the track to include the GP. This can only be a team effort, it is too grand.

My two cents.

9. Magzire

Magzire Registered

As i mentioned before E was perfect. Well for me anyways.

10. hoover

hoover Registered

I've updated the server to include the new URD Corvette. Look for "hoover kvm public" in the lobby.

Cheers, Uwe

11. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Vote for coop!

@hoover,
    i don´t get the trackguide, should i?

12. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

If this is the end pleclair, I'd like to give you my greatest thanks for all your hard work. I've followed this thread from the beginning, read all your progress reports, even learnt a think or too. You should feel very proud for this great achievement.
    Thanks again.
    DJC

13. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Well, that is my very nature to try to please everybody. I'm well aware that I cannot please everyone, but nevertheless, I always try and get burned.

Also, since I pretty much have little to no life, I can put some crazy amount of hours into this. I didnt wanted to push anyone working to my pace, so that's why I didnt wanted to team up with anyone seriously and officially. Another thing, I have everything to learn. If someone else do it for me, or fix my stuff for me, without sharing the steps, or why he did this, then I will never learn and improve. I would much rather have someone tell me ok, your grass is a bit too saturated, not the right hue, try to move the hue down 5, and desaturate by 10 and see how it looks, then have it all done for me.

If I can get to a point where I can make a whole track myself, I will redo nord from scratch, and that will be my ultimate goal. But that is quite a bit far ahead, if it ever happens.

As you all know, I will no stop working on it, as I can't. It's all I've done for the past few months, and I wouldnt know what to do anyway. My life is a bit messed up and that is keeping me going actually. But enough with the drama, everyone's got some of their own.

I'll likely slow down a bit, run laps on it (you'd be surprised to see how little I have actually run on it compared to the time I'm in photoshop, max, or whatever else), and work in the secret, and if I'm happy with something, I'll come share it with you.

Thanks all for your support, it is truly appreciated.

14. capetuso

capetuso Registered

Thanks pleclair for your work is awesome.

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

You wont be able to satisfy everyone Pleclair, impossibru! especially with all the different systems around. If that was your aim then disappointment is eminent. (even ISI have to deal with that hehe)
    I think you even mentioned this yourself (plus being able to cope with whatever limitations one will face) in the initial thread you started with. And if I recall correctly you where also warned about the burnout stages in modding :)

Also there is little negativity in this thread either, people reporting stuff is just that, keeping you informed and thinking with you. I doubt there is anyone not appreciating the mammoth task.

So maybe reboot, take a brake and then focus on the things you can influence as apposed to things that are out of your hand.

So yes, HDR now is too bright, so what, if anyone don't like it, then don't use HDR, HDR its not the holy grail, the Nordschleife is the holy grail :)

16. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Which, if you think about it, kinda makes you our prophet :p

17. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

pleclair,

you are taking it to serious. No one wants to offend you. We are just trying to help.
    And in my case, look at the country i´m from. Since i´m not a native english speaker things may sound to you a bit different than i wanted.

Please apologize if you got me wrong. I´m looking forward when you get back to work on the track.........

18. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Don't take anything personal pleclair. Its just constructive criticism. Everyone here is very grateful in what you achieved. No need to feel upset with harmless feedback.

Few people included myself have donated.. showing support.. cause we actually love your work. So please dont give up.. Its so close to near perfection. You can do it ;)

19. Tosch

Tosch Registered

pleclair, you have done an amazing job so far. Please don't care to much about my "rant". I know how tricky this texture stuff is for rF2. rFactor 1 (and rF2 without hdr) is a completely different story. Because of your great enhancements to this track I had the vision that this could become something really special in the future and that is the reason why I take some time and fiddle with the textures and trees. I wouldn't do this if I had the feeling my time is wasted. I have really big hopes in your project. So please, continue your work and take my criticism as what it is. A simple wish of a single user who wants to improve what we already have.

btw my upload to Mega has now started for the third time. I try something else.

20. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Exactly. And for sure no-one can please everyone - that's one of those unpleasant truths of life. :) Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks for what you've done so far! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2013