[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Hehe! Sweet!

Later on, I have thought about asking people if they wanna be featured inside the track as a visitor! I could put a few more people looking at the track!

Would be nice if it was with banner or something else that would add to the scenery :)

2. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Sure, I'll try to remember on next update.

3. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I wasn't aware of the roof that floats :) I must have missed your post about it. Sorry. Sometimes its hard to follow the fast pace of the thread!

Regarding the floating tatoos, that I'm aware of, I'll need to redo those objects, from the new denser road mesh. They are still original low density objects, so they don't fit perfectly on the smoother road. So I had to fit them by hand, pulling vertices until I got all of the tatoos out of the road.

At the time, I never done UVs, so I wasn't able to redo them. I should be able to now. Only need to get to there :)

4. hoover

hoover Registered

Wohoo, tomorrow's a bank holiday, I know what I'll be doing... Thanks for the update, Pierre. I have about 100kb/sec upload too, compared to 16mbit download. It's called Adsl for a reason ;-)

I'll try downloading from mega and seed via the isi dedicated client. Can you please remove the f-version from the btsync share and copy the g version there instead?

Uwe

5. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

+1 (BtSync)
    The letter of the version does not really matter

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
  6. hoover

hoover Registered

I'm setting up a new share, hang on a second as I'm setting up the initial seeds... may take a few more minutes. Uwe

7. G.Bird

G.Bird Registered

Hi all quick question is it normal for this track at full game settings to be using 2gig gram and 5 gig system ram.
    Great work to who are involved with this track.

8. hoover

hoover Registered

Ok, here goes:

READ ONLY access secret: BGYHAQDQB5DLSNINPPUVLVKJ6366GDFOR

I'll also drop in Tosch's profile for good measure once the first seeds have come online.

Thanks to ISI for providing the inital storage and bandwidth.

Contact me by PM if you'd like read / write access to this share, I think quite a few people here have far more bandwidth available than me ;)

Uwe

9. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Regarding people standing there beside the track...I must be one of the famous persons on the digital Nordschleife though no one or not many people know me :D Still wondering about my alter ego standing all around the track - I really don't know why Alex (Com8) put me there :eek: (for those who don't know, I'm the guy standing beside the track fences holding a camera, wearing a brown jacket and having a big grin in the face! :D and just an other sidenote! there are two more, very famous person standing there too...one is holding a glas of beer, the other one just stands there, looking into the camera...just wonder who still recognizes them xD)

For those who still don't know which persons are meant:
    [​IMG]

10. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Version G
    [​IMG]

Version E
    [​IMG]

For me E is far better. Really captured the atmosphere of the ring perfectly. Now the colours are bit off for me.
    Much prefer the tarmac in E. Was perfect, why change it? Please revert back to it :(

For now I'm staying with E.

11. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

As soon as the mega download finishes I will throw it in the folder and update the secret.

12. pleclair

pleclair Registered

This is because of the strong default HDR profile, give it a try without HDR, you will like this, I'm sure :)

Actually, there will be no going back. Those are the right texture saturation and brightness we should have for proper non-hdr/hdr gameplay.

To get the HDR back into shape, Tosch will need to update the profile. This time, he shouldn't need such a strong gamma, if any.

In due time, HDR will be back in shape.

If you try version e without HDR, you will see what I mean, it is very bleak looking.

EDIT: As I explained yesterday, at first, I was building on the default HDR profile. Trying to achieve a realistic look. That made the non-hdr version really pale looking. I wasn't aware that saturation/brightness affected the look that much, and was actually how you achieve realistic look for a given time of day. I thought the game engine was responsible for more eye candy than it is really. A lot happen right in the textures themselves.

EDIT2: HDR isnt meant to look anything like realistic. Actually, I havent got as far as HDR can go. It is a nice compromise between reality and hdr, while still having the non-hdr look really realistic. If you havent yet, try it out, you will be stunned how non-hdr look now.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
  13. hoover

hoover Registered

HDR Profile

I just chucked Tosch's HDR profile into the folder, should be arriving at your end in a second ;)

Uwe

14. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

74 pages (+the initial thread), I already had mucho's respect for modders , artists and the likes but seeing this thing grow and grow, and what it takes.....for 'just' a conversion....epic stuff Pleclair :))

Happy to report with HDR off this issue is not longer there. But I think it was a local issue to begin with perhaps. With an old HDR profile it does come back.

track-edge-twinkles are still there though.

15. Magzire

Magzire Registered

[​IMG]

Much better! Thanks pleclair

16. Nor

Nor Registered

I'm not sure about the guy with the beer, probably Alex himself. I just wonder where he got the beer from, out in the forrest.
    The guy on the left I think it's Genghis99? Right?

17. Tosch

Tosch Registered

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Mega keeps stalling at 46% for me this time.

Tried twice now...

Never had any problems before.

19. fischkopf

fischkopf Registered

btsync works great ;)

Version g looks awesome. My favorite track in rf2. I noticed some strange lines above the trees everywhere on the track:

View attachment 10612

20. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

Tosch, your Poznanv9contrast gives fantastic trees shadows on the road.
    Can you replicate the thing in the Nord hdr?