[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

There from Essington :-( not our Nordschleife

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The textures are from Nordschleife and the way a billboard works should be the same when it is fixed.

3. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Beauty! That's an amazing imrpovement for overall track visuals.

4. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

@Tosch
    Ohh, that sounds good! ill test it this evening first time. oh, can i use that file?

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Can you do the same with the grass textures Tosch :)

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Damn. looks much better!

7. Paule

Paule Registered

Something like this?

View attachment 10502

8. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

Eine Testrunde mit dem Darche von URD auf der Nordschleife von Pleclair in Touristenfahrer-Layout. HDR : Aus
    Viel Spaß
    One test with the Darche from URD at the Nordschleife by Pleclair with Touristlayout.
    HDR : Off
    Have Fun!

I need HDR! Please help!

9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

That's it. I have created a normal map by myself but this one looks better. Thanks Paule. :D

10. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Tosch,

in your screenshot you can clearly see a line in the middle along the track. Has this already been reported?
    There are at least 2 of them in the Nords. I guess the textures need some polishing for seamless tiling.
    But not a big problem, i´m also happy when it stays like that. :)

11. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Most roads I know have this line in the middle of the track. I'm no expert but I believe it is because the asphalting machines are not wide enough to cover the width of the track. ;)

[​IMG]

12. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Hehe, ist wohl eine alte Bauernregel unter Trackbauern?:cool:

13. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

you are right, ISI track locations are put in the correct spot on the earth so the lighting will be different from track to track even though the time is the same.

14. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

My friend only has 512 video ram and gets the Tree_18 error even with the texture setting on low. Is that normal? Is there a 1gb limit no matter what?

15. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Again dat dust.. it must go.. doesn't make sense :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
  16. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I really like this idea, so simple but never thought about it :)

17. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Yep, and it makes sense for Zolder. You should also experiment with specmaps and specular reflection settings.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
  18. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Yep for sure, but that is a worry for later, so much modelling work to do ;)

Those textures might be great to use for lod res/temporary trees though!

19. MJP

MJP Registered

You need to set Texture Detail to HIGH or FULL which is going to cause problems for people with only 512MB cards. I presume plclair will be adding the missing textures (TREE_LARGE_18.DDS + normal/spec) as part of the next update so all texture detail levels can be used.

20. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Hey guys!

Great progress have been made now! Probably the single update that will bring so much to the track, visually.

Here what happened since my last time here.

I finished making my trees, and that same day, or the day before, can't remember, Tosch sent me his modified textures he made. At that point, I still haven't tried them yet.

So when I was done with my trees, and ready to upload v0.97e, I figured I would try out his textures first.

It looks good with the default ISI profile, but a tad too saturated for my own liking. I knew if I was going to upload as is, I would be getting the cartoonish comment type.

But it was much better than my own try.

The first thing that struck me, was the single tree he replaced, probably from an older version of Nord, cause I believe that tree wasnt there since 0.97. Cause when I bought the two trees collections, there was one I had harder time to bring into the game, because saturation and colors were a lot more vivid than the other collection, and I resorted to only using the trees from the collection I could work with.

But at first, I was puzzled, cause it was so different, I thought he used a modified Mills tree, as he mentioned about them for essington. After a closer inspection, I was like, I recognize this tree, I have it... so I went into the collection it belongs to, and sure enough, I found it there.

Looking at his normal map also helped me figure out why his trees also looked better.

So I started again, and this time, changed the trees I didnt like so much for trees in the other collection.

I'm finally getting this whole specular/bump map thing... well, better than I used to!

So as I'm writing this, I'm currently uploading v0.97e. I would have liked to give it to you earlier today, but still better than sunday or monday :p

The one thing I really liked tho about Tosch textures, was the evergreen. He did a really good job at changing the hues and editing them, I kept them as is. Only added the normal sphere so they get lighted properly.

On his last visit to the track, he also captured a picture of the tool booth and made a better texture than we had, so I also used this.

I also reworked the grass, it is looking a lot better this time. I got the hang of the level adjustment layers and found out how useful it can be for texturing. I only used it to bring more punch to an image mostly, but its a great tool!

For example, after applying a few adjustments layers to my grass, I had it looking good, but the sandy and yellowish grass was not looking good anymore.

So I duplicated my texture, removed saturation with hue layer, and with a level layer, I brought the shadow, mid and highlight in the 20-30 range, close to each other. Then inverted the result, used as a mask on my adjustment layers, and voila, had some very nice grass going on!

Here is a screenshot of it, didnt felt like taking a bunch, so here is one:

[​IMG]

The upload is at 20% right now, with an estimated time of 2hrs remaining :)

I dont have time right now to scroll back and read the thread, I'll do so later tonight and answer any questions still unanswered.