[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Regarding tarmac is too dark which I thought when driving 0.97d. I've now used Tosch's HDR profile from this post

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...st-v0-97a-beta?p=216509&viewfull=1#post216509

which has gamma set that trees are not too dark. With that version the tarmac color is very different again.
    So finding the right color (or fine tune) probably only makes sense when the lighting of the trees is redone.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2013
  2. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Yeah I see that too. I'm trying to figure out when it happens though. So far it seems to me it only happens when I use a resolution less than what my monitor is capable of.

3. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

No, I haven't (everything low in my display); I'm going to try High texture, Thanks.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

KNown issue. Pleclair is deciding which method he will use to fix. Not as high a priority as the tree and lighting issues.

5. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

Tosch, i find your Poznan Contrast hdr profile fantastic in this circuit... ! for the shadows imho it's the best.. =)

6. pleclair

pleclair Registered

@Alexims

The grip level is fine actually. I believe it is set to something around 0.95 if I remember correctly, for most parts, some a bit higher, some a bit lower, depending on type of tarmac. Dusty sections are a bit lower too.

Unless the tarmac is brand new, an aging tarmac loses a bit of its grip over time. Since this version of Nord is modelled after an older Nord, before repavement, I thought that it shouldnt have 1.00 grip. 0.95 felt about right, and feels right in game for me too.

Real Road dramatically improves that. After running a few laps with 24 AIs, you should notice a dramatic increase in grip.

If you are still having problems with grip, then the problem is most probably coming from the throttle input. Don't forget nord isnt a flat track, elevation changes grip a lot.

Transparent Trainer works fine for me... dunno what to say, and you are also the first to mention about it.

Have you set it to best lap or previous lap?

7. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

See post 1114.

Maybe you are only just seeing them now as the road is darker and they show up more clearly next to the darker road.

8. pleclair

pleclair Registered

The tree error will be fixed in the next release. A mistake I made when I re-exported the trees from Max to fix the billboards. I already explained about this... :)

Anyway, it will be okay in next update.

9. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Lol, just what I was thinking! Brutal!

Hmmm, I have no idea why this happened, I'll try to hit the curb myself a few times next time I'm driving on it.

Could it be the car's front was too low for the steep curb?

10. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Suspension and rideheight were at default. Of course i was breaking at that moment which causes the front to dive in a little. To reproduce it i had to try it around 15 times or so :p

11. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

Hi, as I commented that asphalt is very dark in the videos and photographs real low light areas is not so dark, except for light braking. Keep up the good work and thanks for this track.

12. fischkopf

fischkopf Registered

Today I tried this great track for the first time. Everything was fine and I get good and constant FPS.
    I noticed "running" shadows on the grass next to the road. Especially when the road is a bit lower.(I can make a video if you wish)
    I think on the long straight the tree-line on the right could be improved. When I am only driving straight I get bored and look at the environment;)

13. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

If you think the track is too light. Let it rain a bit. I had a whole AI race with rain and day/night with Tosch's HDR profiles and it got DARK after the rain.

14. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

i just wamted to give this track a go again. downloaded 0.97d. but it won't load to more than about a third of the loading bar. it just stops loading at that point.
    i tried it in combo with the howston and the 370z.
    Does anyone else have this problem? are there any suggestions what could be my problem? any help would be highly appreciated, because i really would love to throw the howston around this track :)

15. Sentri

Sentri Registered

You could try to set you texture details to high if they are set to medium or lower.

16. vittorio

vittorio Registered

JJStrack, since you have a 1GB GPU and textures got big improvements, try with Texture Detail = Low or Medium

17. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Here is a screen from Sysinternals Process Explorer. All settings @ max, 1920x1200, 25AI (tried 29 but got an CTD). Looks like I need more VRAM. :eek:

[​IMG]

18. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

.97d has to be set to Circuit Detail = High in order to load some textures, lower than high all textures won't load. It will be fixed next version.
    (people keep asking and asking)

19. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

@pleclair
    I understand you want to keep the res of your textures huge (even though they 20 times the size of the screen and will never be seen).
    What you may or may not know, you don't have to have the _NRM.DDS and _SPEC.DSS files the same res as the main file. You could half the size of both of them and save a good bit of memory. 32meg to 16meg for example.

20. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Performance is most important. IMO it doesn't matter if grass looks blurry from close up.
    But I have not had any performance issues so far except when entering "Karussell" together with many AI cars, then I had some really bad lag/stutters. Maybe it's something there that really eats up all VRAM. The dust?

Just wondering...any plans for starting lights and grid? I know it's the "tourist" version, but people want to race here because it's the only proper version of Nords available. And people loves Nordschleife :) Grid, starting lights, finish line, pits... what do you think? Will we have it? I'd love to race this track with my league.