[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Nor

Nor Registered

@ Domi, this effect comes from smoothing the road mesh,I think this will be fixed.

@preclair, well done, in my opinion the smotheness is ok. There are still enough bumps to let hands sweating during a lap. And don't forget to keep Nordschleife raceable also for longruns.

Isn't it possible in rf2 to edit the sector1.gmt and sector2.gmt in order the time measurement starts in first lap? As I remember Com8 edited both gmt so you must cross them when driving throu the gates. You must concider the correct direction of the normals of the planes.

View attachment 9566
    And dont forget to update the gasoline prices at gas stations in Adenau and on the B258 ;-), see my picture, the prices are from 2007 or 2008.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
  2. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Last time I saw prices like that (in US dollars) was around 1999/2000.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It's in litres...in Europe...

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Here it's priced in gallons, elsewhere is by the liter

5. MJP

MJP Registered

You sure you're going through the correct gate, you have to go through the right hand side one to activate the timing on the outlap.

@pleclair - You've left the 'output.scn' in the Ring_Tourist_GMT.mas (v0.96) which causes the track to appear twice in the list view.

6. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thanks for your update preclair. You really are putting in a lot of hours. It's all worth it. We all love you. Get some sleep m8 :D
    Headlights are working great now. Looking very nice.
    I see you got the clock to start without having to do a warm up lap now, really great. Drive through lane number 3 exiting pit and clock starts at the bridge :).
    I did find in the pits signs have invisible posts, also something up with the roof on one of the buildings.
    View attachment 9568 View attachment 9569

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Where is here? At the track in Germany?

8. Nor

Nor Registered

thank you MJP

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The poor guy was up all night. He needs to have a long rest and then release an update fixing these small issues. I know he was trying to be nice to all of us, but ended-up being a bit too rushed. I'd like to have a version that is largely OK later today so he can relax a bit and then take his time with the next update! He's pushing himself so hard that we should be careful not to contribute to adding pressure. Three updates in one night with a malfunctioning computer is too insane!

10. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

I've just bought a GTX 770 4go (got an ATI Radeon 7850 before) and I did my first run on 0.96 version.
    It looks really awesome !!!!
    Thank again for all work you've done in last few weeks :).

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I thought the info in my avatar area would tell you here = USA :p.

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, it says/said Illinois, so I wondered why/how your comment was relevant to this track?

13. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

@pleclair

very nice progress again!; road-mesh feels awsome and trees/fences look much better. Even though the improved detail, the track seems to run smotther in my system, I guess that must be thanks to the better mesh. Didnt really look at bugs so nothing to note there for me, but my main concern is the overall grip of the track, which imo is slighty to little, which makes itself noticable especially in slow corners without much downforce and when the track isnt rubbered in. One could argue that the difference in grip levels is to big atm in rf2, but still with a well rubbered in track it just feels slightly off to me.

All in all amazing work. I hope that you take care of yourseld and dont burn yourself out. Maybe listen a bit to the good advice given here about resting;)

edit: carousel is green(thats an unmistakable bug:)

14. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

View attachment 9574

so many trees! awesome work

v0.96 runs fine for me for 90% of the lap, get some slow down approaching Carousel (which is green!!) and some more slow downs later in the lap

i have real issues running the BES mod on this, which i guess is a bad topic for here, but would be interesting if anyone has seen this on other cars too:

when driving any of the BES cars the FPS counter is 60, but its running at more like 10. i switch to replay, or view an AI car, its fine.
    i change my car to AI control and instantly its fine. i switch it off and back to bullet time.

only happens with this circuit, hasnt happened anywhere else. i'm assuming dodgy mod causing it and not the track, but just in case i thought id mention it

15. Rtsbasic

Rtsbasic Registered

Just wanted to leave my thanks. The time you've invested into this mod is clearly substantial, and the result (known bugs not withstanding) is quite fun :) I'm looking forward to watching this mod grow...

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It's not for this track, it was in response to the comment about gas prices in the United States. If you also notice our posting times, in my time of writing your post clearly hadn't been made yet.

17. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

@rob1178
    Don't mention the Bmod somebody will lock the thread and you might end up with nasty, insulting private messages. I mentioned it unknowing about it and received a very uplifting PM from a guy who I won't mention, because I'm hoping he will grow up and realize that there was absolutely no reason for it.

There are several tracks and mods running around the net, that if ran together give you the slow motion effect. Just try to make notes on the bad combinations and do not run them together. (wish I would take my own advise)

18. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

You said what I was trying to say much better! :) So I gave the latest mesh smoothed version a go and was very happy. Finally the track feels the way that it should and the car physics work the way they should. Great work pleclair! There are small holes left over from the meshsmooth but they can be corrected pretty easily by editing or 2x meshsmoothing the surrounding areas including the curbs. Once done the holes will be gone and the entire area will be smooth and natural.. Overall this track is now beginning to reach its potential. Can't wait for the next update. Its a blast to drive now. Everything is set to max gfx quality and the framerate is fine. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
  19. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

The difference is brutal in this version 0.96. The road feels smoother and more natural. Fantastic job Pleclair

20. PaulG

PaulG Registered

Amazing. Don't have to mention the bugs people have already mentioned. My only wish was that the green grass was a little more natural. It's almost the same tint as the fluorescent green used on the dash rev of the Megane.