cant really compete online, please help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by goerekt, Aug 3, 2013.

1. goerekt

goerekt Registered

hi guys

i was out of online races for a few month and started again this week. but at the moment it's senseless to continue because of two bugs.

1)
    rf2 minimizes to desktop about all 10 minutes. i tried to turn off some background running programs but it didnt help. i already had this problem but only when my antivirus pops up, now it seems to be random and more often. i also tried turn off an on "windowed mode".

2)
    sometimes, my steering wheel rate just change in the middle of a session. what used to be about 200° then becomes not more than 50°.

you can imagine why this makes it impossible to race online. i spunned out so many times because of it, it is really frustrating. it's like a miracle i didnt hit another person yet.

can anyone help me?

Windows7, G27

2. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Not real helpful, but have you changed graphics card drivers since the last time you were running okay?

3. datanode

datanode Registered

Do an antivirus update again. Unless you know what you are doing don't do this. You will be responsible for any subsequent issue as a result :)

Turn off anti virus and play the game to confirm that it is responsible for both or either problem.

Update all drivers as mentioned or downgrade them.

Think thoroughly about every driver change or firmware change.

Look at all anti virus options.

Try those.

4. goerekt

goerekt Registered

yes, graphics card drivers changed since the last time but could this be an issue? (amd hd7850, CCC 13.5)

i already tried out many settings for my antivir, i think i will now change the software. if this wont help, i have to do a complete reinstall of W7 soon anyway and try to start at zero.

thanks

5. YoNiS

YoNiS Registered

Same problem here, but i have not found the reason.

6. datanode

datanode Registered

Don't use CCC :-( I hated it and my old card runs fine without it. New drivers are not supported anyway :)

Have you tried disabling antivirus??

7. A.Driver

A.Driver Registered

Check in 'Controller.ini' that 'Reset Steering Wheel Range Time = ' is set to zero .
    Also 'Realtime Controller Detection' .

8. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Just do a clean install and stop your av,then try.............

9. Auslander

Auslander Registered

I've also had the problem of it minimizing. Sometimes during a race, sometimes between. I only frequent 2 servers, once a week, and with one of them it has never minimized (Usually on for 3 hrs). On the other server it does it once EVERY time (Usually on for 1.5-2 hrs).

10. lemming77

lemming77 Registered

With my Logitech G25, I've had issues where my wheel range changes from the specific game setting to the default setting when something funny happens with the application's focus (iTunes was a common offender in this area)

11. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

The program minimizes because you have "something" running in background, and this "something" when start is when it minimizes your rf2, run some AV or anti mal ware, really.

Wich I recommend is format and reinstall everything.

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Does it happen only when playing online? That might give you or someone a clue about where the problem is.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

13. AlexJTownsend

AlexJTownsend Registered

Could try GameBooster from iobit - Stops all unnecessary services and programs - Do this when you start up and see if you still have issues?

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

This...

15. pedrocant

pedrocant Registered

You have some program like daemon tools or similar that uses disk images? these programs have the same extension of images that the drivers using the G27, and if they are running at once, makes the G27 randomly unconfigure. for minimized, I have the same problem with rf1, and reinstalling again the framework is under

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2013
  16. redapg

redapg Registered

I would tell all people who use a freeware AV-software like AntiVir, Avira, Bitdefender......, don't do that, get the full version.

I know that many people had have issues, with freeware versions of AV-software. And that mostly when playing online games.

The freeware versions do have only very limited possibilities in changing the setting, so that you sometimes don't even have the option to stop the autoupdate, for example.

AND, and this is the biggest "problem", it never helped to deactivate it to try out if these freewares were causing the issues, you always had to uninstall them.