REPLACED Chevrolet Camaro GT3 v1.2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 1, 2013.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

After 3 days of practice and with a good base setup made by my personal ingegnier I have to say that it isn't that bad, but still there a lack of ffb from the rear specially when you are in the apice of the curve!
    Here is a decent lap at Mid-ohio.

2. LabR4t

LabR4t Registered

3. daltontr

daltontr Registered

A single race, with six of the drivers, isn't exactly a mountain of evidence. I would hardly base an opinion on so little data. Plus, not a single driver was in a Camaro, they were all in Corvettes, so I don't see how it applies in this case.

4. Tony

Tony Registered

"...Some say that his genitals are on upside down, and that if he could be bothered he could crack the da vinci code in 43 seconds. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Hahaha :D:D

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

6. LabR4t

LabR4t Registered

Some say...He was the government's first & only attempt at creating the Empire's first fully functional bionic man....only the budget was cut down to 4 pounds 20 & sixpence, and that his left knee isn't talking to his right, because it likes Tony Blair. All we know is, he's called The Stig.

7. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

Agreed. Sapang, AI at 120%/100%. With baseline setup, 10 laps practice in this car, green track. I started at back of grid and was at the front within 2 laps and still pulling away by secs at the end of 8 laps. Not even pushing. Some adjustment needed.

Also though, T2 (slow LH) was very 'icy' even after some rubber down - pretty much anything but a balanced throttle and the rear end wants to go around and keep going. It's the 'keep going' part that doesn't feel right. IMO Same with other GTs.

8. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes as if someone continues to accelerate. This happens from a certain slip/drift angle. Not sure why is that but it feels not right to me.

9. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

I saved a little screenshot for Guy yesterday which I'm sure he'll just continue to ignore, but here it is:

View attachment 9229

That's after 45 minutes of racing at Silverstone on a single stint. You can see the left rear has just a bit more tread on it than the left front, and on the right side the front actually has more. That's because you're predominantly turning right at Silverstone but the car has so much torque that it's still chewing up the inside rear under acceleration, so the right rear wears more than the right front. Makes perfect sense.

This was on a setup barely altered from the default, and with a tick softer rear anti-roll bar to actually get MORE understeer for later in the race when it begins to free up under acceleration. The exact opposite of the problem Guy describes.

I won by 53 seconds and the others were complaining about destroying their LF. It was against a small field of 6 but that's no different than his data set, I guess.

http://www.race2play.com/schedule/show_event/12576

10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I drove the Camaro in SR4L's 1 hour GT race at Sebring yesterday (29 laps). . One pitstop for tirechange was mandatory, so I made my stop after 25 minutes. At the time, I had 88-91% tread left on front tires, and slightly more on the rear tires. And I didn't drive very smooth to save tires. Actually I was involved in a accident too and spun. My last stint was ~35 minutes and tire wear was pretty much the same.

I could have driven smoother and spent more time with the setup, and yet I can't say tire wear was a problem. This car works the tires very well compared to the Corvette. Actually I was held up by slower Corvettes as their tires were finished. No Corvette finished in front of me.

11. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

No problems with tires when setup is right. I also got very even tire wear and just before end of 30 minute stints one of my tires turned into yellow - all othes were still green.

By the way once you get the setup right and balanced this beast is very enjoyable to drive! One of my favorite cars or maybe even THE favorite car. Great work!

12. tjc

tjc Registered

Would you have any setup advice/help for a noob keikei?

:)

13. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Matt I recall we had a chat about the C6R at LRP with a similar conclusion. There is little doubt that when driven properly and a setup more on the understeer side, the GTs in rF2 behave and tires wear well. I changed my driving style and setup and was able to reproduce the results you said you had. Which was interesting but that doesn't mean the GTs are fine.

The oddness about the GT tires is going up and just past the limit. I can lap faster (short term) pushing the car into turns and managing the line with constant corrections. It burns the hell out of the tires but I don't think this should be possible. I probably shouldn't be able to semi-slide Michelin slicks like that and in the process get a better lap time. If so then some overzelous driver in ALMS or Rolex GT, etc. under pressure would be caught out by this from time to time. Yet, I've never seen that happen.

I think the avg sim player is just finding the limit on any mod and going with it hence the complaints about the GTs weird handling and excessive tire wear. You and some others seem less affected because you prefer a neutral to understeer setup that will push you out wide if over driven into a turn. Probably a good short term fix for a exploit that shouldn't exist.

The tires in the FR35 and F2 don't have this odd semi-slide overheat and wear behavior. If you go over their limit they break loose and time is lost making a correction. I have zero issues managing tire wear in those mods even though I prefer to have a slight oversteer default setup.

14. Minibull

Minibull Member

I'm not fully sure I understand you. For me, drivers I think have to adapt to the way each car needs to be driven best. Setups can obviously help, but surely a large majority of it is just the car itself and the way it behaves.
    Someone corrected me about Fernando Alonso recently. I thought his "style" was seemingly very aggressive at the wheel and fairly loose at the rear. Someone then told me that was just the way he had to drive to get the Renault F1 car to work, and he doesn't drive the Ferrari in that manner, all looks smooth and precise.

Also, I think it's quite right that you can push like crazy and ruin the tyres within a short space of time. Getting the last bit out of your laptimes can quickly drop the tyres off.
    I was doing some laps in the FR35 around Sepang, and for me and my limited experience, everything seems pretty believable. If I push hard into corners, and on the exits, I can only get around 8-9 laps before I've dropped roughly one and a bit "squares" in the tyre monitor. Tyre temps will be at the high end at the end of the stint. And for me, those fast laps are where the car is in that semi slide state. Not drifting, not needing opposite lock, but the car is sliding while gripping really nicely. Which is what I've seen in real life raving and qualifying.

S**t in the MotoGP I've seen them chew up a set of tyres in a couple of laps during qualifying then they pop in for another set and chew those out within another couple of laps again. They then come out on race day using a fresh set of the same tyres and proceed to do 28 odd laps on them with the times 0.4-1s slower than qualifying. Granted conditons aren't the same, but still, it seems getting those last few tenths can really root the tyres.

As for the Camaro, I finally drove it last night. What a hoot! XD

15. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

16. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

When will we see v.1.21 - reflection fix? It shouldnt take long to fix or?

17. LabR4t

LabR4t Registered

Thank you for Template.
    Is the wireframe meant to be white?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
  18. tjc

tjc Registered

Mmm... can`t check the template out yet as not at home but thanks. It`s good to have it for when I`m back. :)

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You can select the layer and invert it as needed. If the last skin made was dark, it could end up white.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

20. LabR4t

LabR4t Registered

Yeah that's what i did, was just asking because i never had to do it with any other template.
    Thank you for reply :)