public servers, classic crash!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by baronesbc, Jul 31, 2013.

1. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

started the race from pole position, bad start, recovered on the first.. could be a good race, could be a good battle with my opponent, could be a lot of fun.. but not, my opponent is the usual online donkey! he must stand in front of all costs, not even there was a Ferrari for reward at the end of the race.. crash and of course no "sorry"..

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Wouldn't say "usual" donkey because that guy clearly had good driving skills, just not enough racing skills when he didn't know his surroundings.

But "sorry" or "sry" isn't much asked I agree.

3. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

What are you trying to achieve with this thread?

I don't think he crashed on purpose. You can see from the video you posted that he didn't see you turning into T1. That of course is his fault but not on purpose imo. His spatial awareness just is on par with that of Grosjean ;) You can see his car wobbling around a lot under braking which definetely contributed a little.

Public servers, classic crash as you said. Definetely his fault, yes, but why make a thread about it?

4. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

you're right, but it's precisely why it bother me so, because it means that he knew what he's doing, so it was intentional (an error, accompanied by a "sorry", i'd understand).. In fact, already in the straight that precedes that of the box, i'm outside and i'm almost at the side of him, but he closes the trajectory ignoring my position, if i reasoned as he, i didn't slowed down and a sure crash.. a bit of nastiness is normal and i like, but when he suffers overtaking, you have to accept it, that's how you learn and have fun..

5. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

nothing, just a bit of frustration by the behavior of certain people online, without the slightest respect..

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Il Barone is right and in that first turn the opponent should have realized that the Baron was clearly inside and why the hell of all that zigzag?! I never zigzag. maybe I change my driving line one or 2 times, but 80% of online racers does that zigzag in every damn straight!

7. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

Exactly, i don't understand what fun there is to do the races in this way, making certain maneuvers is clear that sooner or later you cause the incident.. I use the fov set to 35, on a single screen 22" (for a good immersion and a right visual), i don't see anything sideways, but this doesn't prevent me to stay in the right way on the track, leaving the spaces when need.. then the error can happen of course, but when it happens at least you apologize and give back the position..

8. Piortekpeer

Piortekpeer Registered

i was waiting for you and when i saw you don't continue, i had stopped, watch replay and type sorry etc.
    you may check log Race 2 chats here:

http://simresults.net/130729-Es0

Giuseppe Melis: thx
    Giuseppe Melis: was a nice race, thx to ruin it
    Giuseppe Melis has left the race but vehicle has been stored in the garage
    Piotr Peerelow: too small mirrors sorry giuseppe
    Piotr Peerelow: didnt see you

first time on this track with historic f1 after a long break from the f1 60's and that was 60s F1 Fun League

dont lie that i not apologized you and dont offend others you rude boy.

(sry my english)

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Whinge, whinge, whinge lol

You are the one calling people donkeys. ? lol

I raced with Piorkeeper in F1 a few times...... if he says he waited and apologized I believe him anyways,

Maybe you should open your eyes and ears.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
  10. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

thanks for the reply and clarification..
    as seen from the chat, i was already out when you you apologized with me (i'm glad anyway), so i haven't lied about anything, my replay and my race ended with that episode, with me in the sand, and you that continue.. so at the moment i was a bit pissed, try to understand and sorry for the "donkey".. now that i know how it went really, i would have accepted the apology without making a fuss..

11. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

relax dude, what is your problem?
    " if he says he waited and apologized I believe him anyways"
    me too..

12. Jos

Jos Registered

You cant see **** in those poor 60's rearview, so unless you use virtual mirror this is going to happen.

13. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

There is a button for look behind, left and right. I have the "look behind" button mapped to my steering wheel so I can quickly look behind if I loose my opponent in the small mirrors. I also have trackIR but it's kinda hard to look to the sides to know where your opponent are without being disoriented, so I almost prefer buttons for that too.

With triple monitors it's MUCH easier to know where you have your opponents. It's a PAIN to battle an opponent with single screen but I have no choice because no graphic cards seem to be able to run rf2 in high resolution atm...for me at least....

I guess best thing do to is to drive with headphones so you can hear other cars trying to overtake (engine sound, screaming tires). If only driving as realistic as possible, with no virtual mirrors, accidents is going to happen.

14. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

This thread is a nice reminder as to why I dont bother/cant be arsed to race online.

Usual online donkey indeedy. :rolleyes:

15. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

agree with you.. i don't use virtual mirrors, 1 monitor, fov set to 35, practically i don't see anything at my sides, but this doesn't prevent me to racing clean.. I can look left and right, i can feel the car of my opponent, but mostly i have to stay in the correct way on the track.. for example, if my opponent is close to me in the vicinity of the corner, i have 2 options:
    - Use the inside line leaving the outside to him;
    - Remain on the outside, in this case ready to leave the space if i feel my opponent try the overtake (in 90% of cases he tries, if i close the trajectory, it is almost always crash)..
    indeed, i can say that just the fact that i see little, brought to me to have a respectful attitude in the race as much as possible to avoid contacts..

16. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

This thread should never have been posted here. Jeez, trying to embarrass someone in a public forum for a mistake made in a fun race (or any race) is a great way to pump a chilling effect on participation. Use PM or discuss online if you both show up at the next event.

Yeah, you'll never have to get mad or make someone else mad but you're missing out the most thrilling aspect of this hobby. I've raced the AI for many 100's of laps but my shirt is never soaked at the end of these kind of races. If I or the AI screw up I just restart he race. We don't risk life or limb, money or repair time in sim racing so the tension created from fear of wrecking another racer (or getting wrecked) is something that truly raises the trill level. Plus it's you pitting your skill against another human being. It's a whole nuther level of immersion.

17. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I agree, and then they wonder why these servers are empty. In online races nobody can die, nobody can lose a leg or get paralyzed, nobody needs to pay millions of dollars repair money... And still you get in each other throats when something meaningless happens. I would like to make some pessimistic generalization about online racers, but maybe I leave it here.

18. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

There is nothing more meaningless than to race AI's. It's great for those who can enjoy it...but you guys really missing out something. Don't race random public servers, there are always wreckers there (wreckers maybe wrong word, but drivers that barely can handle the car and don't pay attention at all, so you are afraid to overtake them). Join a league for god's sake... It doesn't need to be 100% serious. I've been racing in SR4L's F2 league this season, and it was a great experience, and soon we start a new season with the 60's F1. We have incidents, but real racing has too.

Please, no pessimistic generalization about online drivers... Just go and join the right server or a league.
    It's correct in online races nobody dies, get injured or pay repair expenses, but when racing in a league you ruin your season and loosing points when involved in accidents. That makes everyone drive safer.

The AI is more reckless than most online drivers IMO, I can't understand how anyone enjoy racing against them.

19. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

But I agree this thread is stupid and meaningless...

20. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

My experiences are mostly from leagues and iRacing. Public servers have been the best so far.