GP79 v0.41 Race: Grand Prix of Zolder August 11- Sign up here

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Hello Dale!

I could not resist this one, GP79 @ Zolder, what more does one want hehe. Not sure about the lapcount though, gonna be torture :p

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The day before the race I'll put the password here- the ISI PM'ing system is difficult to use and messages are often missed. I don't think we'll get people surreptitiously coming to this thread to get the password and wreck us.

3. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

That'd be just FANTASTIC Guy!
    I've raced these cars in Mybroga GPC79 league for years, and I REALLY miss them.
    I know some CMS and VOR drivers that also did...this was a top 5 mod on rF1...
    I'm sure that if you put this together it will be a huge success!

I´d just need to stop the stuttering (haven't tried that "new" tires solution yet...) but I'd sure like to participate in a full season series! I can't make Zolder's race, but I will re-download the mod and give it a try...

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

CMS has announced a new series to replace Sparks Fly so that night is out but let's think about the other Tuesdays or Monday?

5. Rob Berry

Rob Berry Registered

Rob Berry #36K RushRacing Cosworth

6. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Monday is VOR night for many of us...S8 is about to start...so ...the "other Tuesdays " would be great..:rolleyes:

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Oh yeah I forgot about VOR, I don't play rfactor1 anymore

8. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

lol, some of us still does, but VOR also has rf2, BTW...
    Anyway, if you put this series I'll try to be there...any day u want...

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

OK, the weekly race won't be full GP length (obviously) this is just a one-time deal to see if we can actually do it. This race will be more of a personal challenge for each of us I think.

Maybe a bi-weekly 150k race at various venues? We'll make a thread here after this race is run and start 2 Tuesday nights after. I am new with CMS and won't impose myself and ask for a race server or TS server. If we find a commercial host we can have unlimited drivers, but if we use my server I can only really host 15. As for TS, we'll find a server, I know of a few, I'll ask around.

-150 KM length (modern F1 tries for 300k length races) (so # of laps will change for each venue- races will be around 45-60 mins)
    -50% damage
    -no assists (except autoclutch)
    -formation/standing
    -open car selection for these races
    -The Tuesdays that CMS is not holding a race, official practice starts 8PM Central, quali 8:30 Central, warm-up at 8:45, green flag drops at 9 Central.

Sound like a plan or should we use different settings? Assists? Damage? Length?

10. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

I've just downloaded and tested all: A_M_A_Z_I_N_G! All working 100%!
    Congrats and thanx Arnao for this mod and Guy for puting it all together.
    I'm also new on CMS (but veeery old at VOR...), so what you say is fine for me (and for most of us I guess...).
    Your settings are just fine and I'd also say no assists (only auto-clutch of course...): riding these beasts as close as they were riden by those great 70's drivers is an unique expirience...

I did some 10 laps at Zolder with Piquet's Brabham, tweaked the default setup a bit (nice one to start with!) and put a 1:22.6s...
    Not very fast, but the feeling is just fantastic!
    :)

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

At first I was using no autoclutch, right foot braking, using the clutch on every down shift and heel n toeing.... My right knee started to bark at me after one session! Now I LFB with autoclutch and I still use my h-shifter (that's why I will only choose 5 speeds).

But for the 45 min races I may go back to using manual clutch because it does present an extra challenge.

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Settings look fine.

I dunno what the Central times are relative to GMT though :)

13. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I was really suprised when I tested these cars. It was alot easier to accelerate with these cars than with other f1 cars. The first gear was like 3rd gear in other cars. Is this realistic or just made easier for us?

Also these felt like T5 mod in downforce they had (or grip?).

But didn't drive too much to say anything else. Felt like you could have close racing with these...

15. jjcook

jjcook Registered

I'll play- in a Ligier JS 11 # 26

16. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Registered

Sign me up for Zolder please: #36 Vitorrio Brambilla:)

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Tomorrow I'm bumping up my internet speed (more than double) so I'm going to allow up to 20 in this race. Monday night (tomorrow night around 9PM GMT-4) there will be a group of us practicing, so join up if the TZ allows it. I'll set up the server to run a 35 lap race just for the practice.

A friend of mine said I can use his Teamspeak server any time I like so, we'll use his. His TS IP is 66.55.149.29:9159

18. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

I'm still not sure if I can make the race itself, but I'll try to parctice with you tonite in the Piquet's Brabham #6...

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

We had about 6 show. One was a wrecker (or at least just a careless jerk) who ended up getting booted but the rest were good and one guy was very fast putting up 1:15's.... But we did end up running a 35 lap race. Lem and I were the only 2 who finished and the Ferrari ended using around 104L of fuel (35 laps + formation Lap) for me, for Lem it was around 94L IIRC. The LEM soft tires wore fine for the race length- I had 3 tires in the yellow, Lem had 1. I used up my tires and fuel trying to catch up to him the entire race!

Setting up your car to get the diffuser working is key with these.

http://simresults.net/130806-O0O race results

Another couple points:

The formation lap is not a race lap. Do the formation lap slowly because if any guy in line decides to do his pace lap slowly (and I will tell you right now- I will do a slow pace lap because I warm up my car) you will end up sitting on the grid waiting for him and your engine might blow up.

On the start do not over-rev your engine and watch the heat. One guy blew his engine on the start.

The curbs are high in places and if you hit them you lose all ground effect downforce and you will take a ride. I narrowly escaped DNF on lap 9 when I found just how bad that final chicane really is!

20. Dale B

Dale B Registered

Wish I could have made it last night for the test, just wasn't possible. I'll be there for the race though! ;)