Logitech dfgt help with settings required

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Jarmour, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Jempy

Jempy Registered

Hello Tiger,

I'd like to test your ffb settings ... as I'm not very used to do it in RF.
    I chose always driving with 360° rotation as I found it the most adapted to my driving in other platforms. I already tried to change rotation according to the car ... but changing each time asks too much adaptation. :p

Just a few questions before trying:
    Do you change smoothness in game ? specific ffb multiplyer in game too ?
    What are your profiler settings ?

A complete test is always better than a half one. ;)

Thanks in advance for your reply.

2. Tiger

Tiger Registered

ffb n game set @ 4.00 smoothness at 5
    in profiler : 70/80/70

take the ffb section to copy to your own controler file, replacing the original one.
    you may want to zip the section you're going to replace, after selecting the whole section right click and zip this, then replace ;)

3. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

That video really shows that we don't have enough head wobble :p

4. Jempy

Jempy Registered

Merci beaucoup ... thanks ! :)

5. Tiger

Tiger Registered

in game it's called steering wheel range... and it's mesured from center to one side or the other end
    meaning a 240 is 240 on the right and 240 on the left, for a total of 480° complete wheel turn, from left to right.
    steering lock, really means nothing except a lock on the wheel...
    steering wheel range is a bit more exact word for what we try to talk about...

I'm done here./

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

My "steering wheel range" in the game is 450°. That's lock-to-lock, NOT centre-to-side. You can be 'done here' all you want but if I see you pop up anywhere else giving the wrong figures (and telling people they're wrong) I'll continue it if need be.

And I'm sorry to everyone else to have dragged this off-topic, but Tiger jumped in here with a piece of advice that wasn't even correct because of this confusion.

7. Tiger

Tiger Registered

my confusion?
    are you sure?
    I'm done here because it's more than hard to get an exchange with someone who pretends to know the Truth.... and try to convince others that he's right!
    it's a kid attitude./

8. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Oh the irony! :D

9. Tiger

Tiger Registered

yes indeed, when someone said that you hijack the thread when in fact it's you, it's a bit ironic...
    especialy when what you said isn't clear, I could try anyway to understand his point of view, but he didn't
    so where is misunderstanding?
    you tell me!
    that's why I said I'm done, coz if it's only a word fight, it's useless!web both say the same thing in different words, and then, telling me that I'm wrong???

franchement ce con me saoule!

10. TechAde

TechAde Registered

We're not saying the same thing at all, you're saying that if you set Steering Wheel Range to 240° you get 240° from centre to full lock.

You are wrong, as has been clearly explained a few times but you refuse to believe it.

Try it yourself, set it to 240°, load a track and check how much lock you have... you'll have 240° total rotation, 120° in each direction.

11. Jempy

Jempy Registered

Just to play the referee between you: ;) .... peace in the world of simracing :cool:

What's the difference in English between: wheel rotation ... and wheel range ?

As I regularly see both expressions and my native language is ... french, I don't know if there's a difference of meaning.

12. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Both mean the same thing to me (native English speaker).

13. Jempy

Jempy Registered

Then ... my wheel has in the profiler a rotation of 360° ... for a complete turn: 180° from center to the left and 180° from center to the right.

Maybe explained that way, everybody will be ok ? :rolleyes:

14. TechAde

TechAde Registered

It's already been explained that way both by me and Lazza and I thought both explanations were very clear. :confused:

15. Jempy

Jempy Registered

And now we are three :D

And my intention was not to worry you Tiger. ;) .. just trying to bring peace in the thread.

16. Tiger

Tiger Registered

something like this, yes ;)

17. Tiger

Tiger Registered

don't worry, I'm not young enough to get upset by such happening... :)

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you were to be picky you could probably say that range more obviously implies the full range of motion, whereas rotation could be either full-left to full-right, or centre to one side. Nearly all statements of rotation, though, use the full range of motion.

As a wheel manufacturer you wouldn't come out and say your wheel features 540° of rotation if it actually has a range of motion of 1080°, because it'll look lower than a number of wheels advertised to have 900° of rotation. Bit like hard drive manufacturers advertising drive capacity based on 1000000 bytes per megabyte instead of 1048576.

When I saw Tiger's first post I assumed he was one of the people who thought that all open wheelers have ~200-250° of full wheel rotation (lock-to-lock). Generally you just need to show a shot of an F1 car at the Monaco hairpin, then another shot from a slow corner at another track, to put that argument to bed.

Then we entered into the "are we talking about the full range of motion, or centre-to-side?" argument, which is all fine except Tiger said the in-game figure is centre-to-side. And we all know it's not.

Unfortunately trying to make that point has apparently made me a kid. I should be happy I suppose :rolleyes: