Engine Sounds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C3PO, Jul 27, 2013.

1. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Just been watching P3 at Hungary on Sky -- Anthony Davidson said you cannot hear another car's engine when you're in the car because your own engine is so loud. Noticed in rF2 you can hear other car's Marussia's engines a fair way back on the track. Might be worth some balancing out.

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

You have an option to turn down opponent volume in the sound settings.

3. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Well, I think it would give mixed senses. Cause we're really not that hardcore that we sit with a helmet while driving.

And if you dont have a helmet and only hear your car, well that would take give some weird immersion. IMHO, but sure some slight balancing would be nice.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

In general, from my real life experience and many videos too (I know videos don't mean crap, but MANY seemed to verify my real life experiences), if the car is right alongside you and you're right near the exhaust or if it's right in from of you very close you can hear it, but the volume of the other car, from your point of view, decreases very quickly as it goes further away from you. It goes from like max volume to fully muted in a very short distance.

Also, you DEFINITELY don't hear cars behind you coming up, and you DEFINITELY don't hear cars coming towards you on the other part of the track when you guys are heading towards each-other

5. Zephyr RU

Zephyr RU Registered

oh....indeed, one week ago. I tried to test "Starting Grid Soud plugin" concept.
    - some guys know that I made up sound plugin already. pacenote for rally. -

may be I dont have to make that. orz
    I didnt know that. racer cant hear other cars.:(

- there are no cars arounds me. but I want make 23 car's reverberation sound from stand area.-