Recent Stuttering issues....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Finn Dog, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

An Intel i5 chip is more than fine for this and any game.

2. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

I've used Razor Game Booster successfully for a number of years playing rF & rF2.
    http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster
    Also, some anti-malware apps like Norton have a "game mode". Consequently it is the only software I will allow to update automatically.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
  3. Finn Dog

Finn Dog Registered

Thanks for that.

I may give it a try.

I did some more research tonight after seeing problems again earlier.

Found an old Rfactor 2 discussion listing similar issues. Turned out it was a wheel driver that wasn't in tune with the game.

I've updated my driver tonight and all seems well but will see how it goes the next few days.

4. Finn Dog

Finn Dog Registered

Well it appears my issue hasn't gone away yet as the stutters were back last night.

Seems like an intermittent problem as sometimes it's fine and other times I get micro stutters every 5 seconds or so.

I've checked the CPU graph in game and the purple graph is spiking all the way to the right.

I tried opening the side of my PC to see if was a heat issue but it was just as bad.

I also tried a different driver for my fanatic CSR wheel but the problem still exists.

I believe it is falling out of real-time.

Can anybody explain why this is happening and things to try to solve it?

Will be very happy to get it solved as taking up a lot of time.

Thanks in advance

5. Niko

Niko Registered

Hello,

i have approximatively the same problem with an "home made wheel", i change the line "skip update" of the controller.ini from 0 to 1
    and now it's ok. But the rates it's not the same now. I don't understand why i have this "stuttering" because i am the only one with this kind of "home made wheel" to have this problem. (your thread help me to solve it, thanks).

The only thing i don't try is to re-install RF2. (i'm standing for an update:))

6. Finn Dog

Finn Dog Registered

Glad you got yours sorted.

I've tried that and it makes no difference to my set up...

7. victorovich

victorovich Registered

Good afternoon. Once I ask to forgive me for my English, I use a translator. The problem of stuttering in the game was confronted the first time in F1 game from Codemasters. There recording repeats happened in the file you created in the first run of the game. Fixed easy. Created a dynamic link to the recording file duplication. If You have two HDD or two partitions on the same HDD reference should be done on the drive or partition where not installed rFactor 2 for Example: I rFactor 2 installed on the disk С, and the disk D.Сначала I delete the folder "Replays" which is on the way: C:\Users\mypc\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\. Then create a folder "Replays" on drive D. After that run the command prompt (cmd.exe) that is, if You have windows 7 in the menu: пуск-стандартные-cmd.exe. There prescribing line: "mklink /D C:\Users\mypc\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\Replays D:\Replays" without quotes where mypc-the name of the folder in my documents. Currently testing a game and while over 2 hours brakes were not. Good Luck To You. I will be glad if it will help You.

8. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

Old thread, (sorry guys) but has anyone found a fix for this issue?

9. Niko

Niko Registered

For my part i need to change the line "skip update" of the controller.ini from 0 to 1 with every build. :(

10. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

Thanks niko. Will try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

@finndog, did you install any new tracks while your friends were over? Maybe some DTM tracks? A year or so ago there were some converted tracks put out that could wreak havoc with some car mods. (the "out of time" reference reminded me of that).

12. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered