iRacing Lotus 49 vs rFactor2 BT20

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

I tried the L49 yesterday and felt like there is little difference between the two. However the Lotus49 ffb felt abit sharper and more accurate. Thats all. Physics-wise i think both are top notch.

2. coops

coops Banned

comparison threads = SAD

3. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

I tried it also. If you go spectate a bunch of fast drivers of the 49 in iracing you will see them all doing crazy power slides around each corner lol and if you go watch the real 49 on youtube there is none of that going on. I never loved iracings physics but the new tire model seems to be getting better with each iteration. I also went and tried the historic cars in rF2 for comparison. The rF2 physics are far better than iracings 49 even though the 49 is pretty damn fun to drive. Its hard to describe the difference between rF2 and iracings physics but for me it has to do with how fluid and complex rf2's are. Also when you hit the edge of control in rF2 there is alot of fidelity going on there where as iracings feels like there is much less calculations happening. To me it doesn't get better than rF2's physics. ISI seriously did something wonderful in that department.

4. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Yes very Sad
    You guys must have loads of time on your hands.
    I also have a ? do you guys post this c..p on IRacing forums to.
    Or do's the Rfactor forum's only have the pleasure :p

Ruben

5. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

I'm on a four month vacation from work so yes I do have a lot of time :cool: But I really don't understand whats so bad about comparing the two. Unless it turns into a flame war or a fanboy fest its something fun and legitimate to discuss.

6. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

I had a sharper feel when driving the Lotus49. That might be a result of iRacings sharper graphics. rF2 graphics are sharp as well but im running on triple screen and with my setup i cant run rf2 max graphics on triple.

7. pemigris

pemigris Registered

please don't compare to bt20 alone as it had a different engine (Repco) . Please check the eve too (matra ms10) as it had the same engine (ford cosworth) Brabhams were a little bit smaller too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013
  8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Indeed. The Brabham was based on fuel mileage, not power. I can understand comparisons, but I don't think it's really valid to compare different cars from different sims. If they get a BT20 or we a Lotus 49 - go wild obviously. ;)

Still, I also guess it's OK to say which *you* prefer.

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

I guess if ISI was further with the whole developement and or managing a system like iceRacing, somebody would loose. :rolleyes:

10. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

+1

11. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Does iRacing force clutch use or penalize sequential somehow?

12. 88mphTim

I don't even know what's being said there... lol

13. speed1

speed1 Banned

Lol. And me is wondering why i get zero response on most of my posts. Seems my english is still terrible.

Which part is it ?

14. speed1

speed1 Banned

Another try. :)

rf2 is in early developement and comperision isn't fair. Would ISI launch a similar plattform, iceRacing would loose.

15. 88mphTim

I see. Every dev has skilled people working for them. Just depends usually what the man at the top says is the priority.

16. speed1

speed1 Banned

I know you have to say that and it is ok. Priority is to do and give always the best not just what is enough. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013
  17. Sam Moss

Sam Moss Registered

I've yet to drive the Lotus 49 but one thing I think rF2 does right is that historic cars have a good amount of grip. People assume less grip = more realistic because of old tyres being hard. But they must of had decent grip to get do the lap times they achieved, but grip is also more friction. So you can have such as the BT20, good grip in turns but slower because of friction and no wings.

In iRacing they perceive the harder to drive a car the more realistic which isn't true. All cars should be easy to drive, just hard when pushing to its limits. In iRacing with the Lotus 79 over time it was completely 2 different cars. The first approach they had hardly any tyre grip and massive amounts of downforce at higher speeds, then as the NTM came in it became more like the F1 79 mod Lotus where it had more mechanical grip but less insane downforce at high speeds.

To me rF2 has the right approach. Cars are easy to drive running round at 50% speed, try it in iRacing and you can spin out very easily. Start pushing rF2 becomes hard to achieve quick times requiring a lot more precision yet in iRacing cars start to become stable the more you push them.

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I've not driven anything for the last 2 months due to building motion sim
    )-:

I do believe to date the ISI 60's cars are about the best simulator cars available

So looking forward to trying the latest version with tire wear etc !

19. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I just wish there were a few more chassis. Two is not enough variety. I think the bt20 is in a different class than the spark or eve. Maybe the bt24 would be more compititive. As it is this wonderfully modeled brab has no one to race with.

20. 88mphTim

There will be more from 1966, and from surrounding years.