Launcher EXE for those affected by 7/18-7/20 DNS change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I am having the same problem as this guy except that when I start the game everything is greyed out, I log in and it says welcome to rfactor2 down in the bottom grey window but it also has a window open up that says account status, there is nothing in the window except for a close button. I have left it for some time but nothing happens, so I closed the window and I did reactivate it, but it still didn't allow me to go online without logging in again, and again I get the account status window up and still nothing happens, I close that window and the game panels are all greyed out again.

I have a lifetime account but I don't know how many activations there are, but I don't want to have to do this every time I want to play the game.

Help pls!!!!

2. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Its Ok I sorted it out, I tried to change my email address earlier on and it wasn't recognizing that in multiplayer.
    I requested a new password with old email, did a reactivation and now it remembers everything .

now I have to work out how to change my email addy and have that remembered lol

3. Skyliner34

Skyliner34 Registered

Ok...
    I replace the launcher exe and now I can log in.
    My problem is that I have an annoying wndows security message each time i click the new launcher...
    Is there a way to fix this. :)

edit:Sorry to bother you guys...
    I just had to unblock the file, before I copy it to rFactor folder.
    Everything runs allright now.
    Thanks Tim. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Not sure if this is involved in the same issue as the launcher.exe, but this is what is happening to me. I open the launcher and offline is available but online is not. I click the login button and obviously my credentials are not there. I put my login information in and it says no account exists. I go to the purchase page and click the link to reset password and I get the message could not locate the account.

Any suggestions? I have rF2 installed in C:\Games\rF2 so no issues with UAC. I have already replaced the launcher with the one linked at the beginning.

5. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

Think I've the same problem, but haven't bothered trying to login or enter the credentials that have now gone. Still don't understand why we were told to put the replacement launcher in the core (where there isn't one). I replaced it where it was. Don't know if that was right?

6. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I am not sure either Old Hat, I believe they just got mixed up between core and root. :)

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I think the problem is that an rF2 install has two parts. The data path and the core. But the core has a folder inside it named core. It gets a bit confusing. We need a new name for the core so it isn't confused with the core subfolder within the core.

8. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

I'm the same as the last two members, and not getting reset password emails through yahoo for some reason (??)

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It's named "core folders". Thought the wording of replacing would be obvious but guess not. :)

Those of you with other issues, please read the FAQ. All grey? Reactivate. Out of activations? Email like the out of activations message says to. No credentials? Usually reactivate. Not getting password emails? Usually everyone tells me eventually that they got it, or found it, but if not, contact support. And any other issue you're stuck with and can't see anything in the FAQ or support pages, etc, contact support. ISI answer support always. :)

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

10. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

11. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

When will the MAS tool get the same update as the launcher? When registering a mod/vmod, I had to log in, and after that, the launcher did not remember me again...

12. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Turns out my issue was not remembering the email address I used to register with. Got it sorted and can log in now.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I can assure you any mention of 'core' ends up with people putting stuff in the "Core" folder. I've now reverted to saying 'main' and 'data' folders, which seems to provide a little less confusion. :p

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Same experience here.

15. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Registered

Exactly same problem here! Strange...

16. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Same for me, but not always lol. sometimes rf2 remembers me after creating vmods, sometimes it doesn't.

17. Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio Registered

Thanks for the fix.

18. Niissee

Niissee Registered

Got this problem again, but now doesn`t the fix work......

19. Niissee

Niissee Registered

So it looks like I am alone on this.......
    I have tried with the new launcher, and it fails.
    What to do then?

20. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

I still have the issue and have not recieved any emails with new passwords via yahoo mail yet. Some help would be appreciated.

I have done a fresh install of rF2 Lite, and still have the issue of not being able to sign in due to not remembering the password.... hence why I am still waiting for an email.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.