Something for the Aussies...... Thanks Supermario and SAF ;)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by R1CHO, Jul 20, 2013.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

This mod has far louder tyre sounds than any other mod in rf2 currently. Personally I'm not sure what to think about it. I'm used to lower sounds. But you guys think this should be the standard?

I'm all in for realism but I kinda don't like the tyre sounds atm :s

Otherwise a good start :)

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

It's not only the loudness of the tires (I have my tire sounds cranked anyway) but also the sound itself. It's not the sound of sandpaper, it's the squeal of a tire straining to keep grip. That's why I like the tire sound. A mod finally nailed it.

3. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I agree with you completely. We have a Ford C-Max Energi which is combo electric and gas. With the electric at start it's instant torque and after being used to gas cars all my life I find I have to have a light foot with the Energi or I will be squealing tires, especially if I have the wheels turned as if going into a turn. The tire sounds in this mod have been the closest thing I've heard in any sim in a long while.

If someone sampled sandpaper sound and was a GREAT audio engineer you could get away with that sound IF it was mixed right. But a GREAT engineer is probably working at ILM studios. A GOOD engineer would probably be better served getting a sample of the real thing and mixing it right for use in-game.

4. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

Haven't done enough driving in these to really give much feedback, but so far I like them a lot! Great tire sounds, i think this is more natural, lets you know what's really going on.
    Something about the transmission I like, is there some kind of special physics for it? Maybe it's just the sound, but I feel like I've noticed some tranny wobble going on, and since I drive a truck with a manual, it seemed to fit nicely.
    Some graphical tweaks would be welcomed.
    I was driving behind someone online a couple days ago, dunno who it was, but I was kind of watching the guy ahead of me, and the car seemed to really step out and grip just the way I would think it would. Very natural and fluent, though I noticed a bit of odd understeer in long corner, where it would wobble between slight oversteer, then back to understeer. I don't know much about these cars so I can't really say it's wrong or right.
    Thanks for these awesome cars! you guys are doing a great job!:)

5. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Can't wait for the shaders to get implemented. I'll be driving the mess out of these.

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I'm not sure where to submit a bug report and I don't know if this is a bug to report....

I'm running triple screens with SoftTH and I cannot see the dials or gauges on the Holden or Ford. Now here's the wierd thing, I only just started with this triple screen thing and before I don't remember NOT seeing the dials. And when I hop on track, and I'm in the garage, I see the dial (or needle sometimes) on the blank left hand screen :eek: Then I hit Race to hop on track and there's nothing anywhere.

I tested a couple other mods and the dials and gauges worked fine like before- both digital and analog gauges and dials.

7. coops

coops Banned

^^ i have this to.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Tyre noises are great I think.

It is the sound menu is wacked, you need to have effects up to hear your tyres at all.

I never like music, menu or other repetitive track effect noises, especially online.

Turning effects to low level and tyres up is not the same thing.

9. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

So its a mod thing yeah I know I have never had the dials on the dash but i get the hud ones up fine..I dont run triple screens so I will have to talk to someone that does

The dials on the screen are they part of a plugin or just the standard hud?

10. coops

coops Banned

standard hud for me. triple 23" plugins used : fanaleds and real head motion.

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

OK, I wasn't sure if this was my setup or the mod. I'll use the HUD dials then, no big. Thanks.

12. TTR kwik-kiwi

TTR kwik-kiwi Registered

Cheers R1CH0

13. juggle

juggle Registered

feels good ,sounds good and handles fine straight out of the box. Thank you for the effort and time you have put into this.love racing them

14. Jello

Jello Registered

Thnx for all the effort form the xfactor team :). I enjoy the mod, everything was good in my opinion, but was a little disappointed with the interior graphics, but as you've said it needs some tweaking & look forward to the results.

15. Coanda

Coanda Registered

G'Day,

I have given plenty of praise for this mod and the last ford V8 ute I drove hard was an XH so I'm not up to date with this type of machinery. That said these bad boys have a fair bit more power than the XH I drove and not to mention a 6 speed. That said the one I drove did have a worked EL GT 302. Takes me back.

Anyway, I just wonder, do they really have this much rear grip today? You can be very aggressive in 2nd with limit slipping or side stepping.

What do you all think? Hopefully someone here has driven a current aussie spec ute.

Cheers

mm

16. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Never driven a V8 ute ... I do agree much more grip front and rear .. especially compared to rf1 at the same time they dont light up the rears in a straight line no matter how hard you try... and a VP V6 ute would do that any day of the week let alone a VE V6
    And these are V8

So it comes down to the tires which are of the GTR .. We have looked into developing a tyre to suit but that's another shady area to be more explored.

And I quite like the grip level :p

17. Coanda

Coanda Registered

VPs, VEs, ELs, damn I wish I was a teenager again. I thought the GTR tyre might be the culprit. I like the grip also, I just question its realism. It is what it is. Maybe when ISI release there generic tyre sweet something will be more suited to this mod. If your quest is realism of course.

18. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

I put the SLS tyres on, it lit them up but had bugger all grip Had the Corvette tyres on and the rear end snap was real bad and they where Quicker again

19. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

VH Calais lol

20. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Im surprised the SLS behaved like that. Hmm I wonder how the Megan would have went, similar spec wheel size & HP...

I'm guessing your a Holden man. I am more on the ford camp but love a nice VH. Tough as.