Unable to join Multiplayer.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by killerwatt, Jul 20, 2013.

1. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

Hi, I tried to join multiplayer but the box was greyed out and it was prompting me for my login details (email and password). The problem is, I have always had the option to autosave them turned on and now have no idea what my password is. I have tried all the combinations I thought it might be with no luck. everything was alright earlier today but tonight its just not letting me on. How can I find what my password is? I did try the password recovery form and got the following error message.

"Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fisiforums.net%2Ff%2Flogin.php%3Fdo%3Dlostpw&ei=5cnpUfPkAYzs0gWu6YEY&usg=AFQjCNGfI-62mbfpQndnx3FRvfVd2ktFBw&sig2=jfSFn2OfHZChJL3wMSempQ&bvm=bv.49478099,d.d2k)"

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
  2. MrJack

MrJack Registered

3. mavericckk

mavericckk Registered

Same problem here
    the temporary fix for me is my" rFactor.credentials"BK: just need to copy to roaming folder
    after close the game need copy the file again.

4. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

MR Jack I googled it but on closer inspection it may have just been for ISI forums. besides it didn't work anyway.

5. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

6. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

Reading that doesn't help. When I click on the login tab I get the following message "No account exists with these credentials." That would tend to suggest I need a new password?

7. MrJack

MrJack Registered

Tuttle, I just want to find my password.

8. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

9. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

Ok here is the latest. Using the work around from maverickk I was able to join multiplayer once more. However, as he mentioned the problem returns after the game is closed and restarted. So once you have recopied your backed up credentials file (if you happened to create one), click the properties for that file, then choose to make it read only and click apply. Then you should be back to normal. This is working for me so far but it doesn't explain why the file disappeared in the first place. So this matter of files disappearing needs to be looked into urgently by ISI. I was lucky but the next player may not be so fortunate as to have a backup of his credentials file.

10. Pumbaa666

Pumbaa666 Registered

Add my name to the list of this happening to people...

Like killerwatt I had backed up my files after losing my settings/set ups/skins a week ago...

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Test my room it is up now

12. MrJack

MrJack Registered

Yes , it works with this method, thank you .. ;)
    Luckily I have a copy of my. rFactor, but how do we do if we did not save ..

13. Pumbaa666

Pumbaa666 Registered

Twice in one day for me now.... ugh... :mad:

14. ifrans

ifrans Registered

I had that a few build back also that everything got deleted, for some reason didn;t happend again. Now it did lose my credentials, and when I go the the purchase tab it says "can't connect to commerce servers"

I had a backup of my credentials but after putting them back in place it still can't connect. Get message unable to connect to login server.

Edit: it works again, changed something in Norton and it worked again. Had updated it recently.

second edit: it doesn't remember my credentials, I need to log in everytime I want to go online, and when I leave the launcher it also deletes my credentials in the .rfactor folder. purchase tab does open normally now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
  15. MrJack

MrJack Registered

Click the properties for rFactor.credentials file, then choose to make it read only and click apply .
    Launcher remember the login .

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This definitely works for a previous version of the credentials file (you may be able to restore an older version automatically created by windows), but wouldn't work for me with a newly created file.

17. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

...and where is the Credentials folder?
    I csn't see it anywhere, and have to copy / paste my login / PW every single time...
    :confused:

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Start -> Run, type in %appdata% (including the %'s, obviously) and hit enter.

There you'll find a folder called ".rfactor", in there you'll see a rFactor.credentials file.

If you're on a recent Windows version you can right-click that file and try restoring an older version (more than 3-4 days old should do it), then copy it to a backup folder somewhere, then go and make the one in the .rFactor folder read-only.

If you don't currently have a credentials file try going to rF2's Purchase tab and activating (you'll have to enter your email and password) which will make it create one, or you could probably just create a new file (text or whatever) and give it the same name if you're wanting to restore an old version.

I have UAC disabled and known file extensions not hidden; either of those might make the above different/more difficult.

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

C:\Users\"YOUR USER NAME"\AppData\Roaming\.rFactor

Most likely you can't find because you have not set folder options. see Pic #1

TIP: Pic #1

I made a temp folder in .rFactor with a copy of credentials
    I added a shortcut to the roaming folder pinned to startmenu.

EDIT sorry for belated post

Doh Pic #2 ( BatchRun settings)

As I was typing this I realized a much easier way is to just add a copy command to Batchrun for my rFactor2 shortcut.

So normal one click start.

BATCHRUN
    http://www.outertech.com/en/batch-file

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
  20. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

Well roughly 6 different threads on this subject now. Some sort of acknowledgement of the problem from ISI along with how they plan to fix it would be nice.