rfactor build 240 crashing game and computer

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by amwarrior93, Jul 16, 2013.

1. amwarrior93

amwarrior93 Registered

Hi,
    i recently purchased rfactor 2 build 240. I have installed it and not yet installed any mods, so I am currently running is stock standard. I am experiencing an issue where whenever I race, after about 10-15min the game will crash and it will either close the game and say that rfactor 2 has stopped working, or in most cases, it will actually crash my computer and shut down.

If anyone has any possible suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated. I am running windows 7 64 bit if that helps. I apologise if there is a thread on this issue. I spent all day yesterday doing research and I couldn't find anyone who was experiencing the same problem as me. If there is a thread, could someone send me the link.

Many thanks,
    amwarrior93

2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Sounds like it could be overheating problem.

3. amwarrior93

amwarrior93 Registered

Well these are my computer specs...
    Nvidia GeForce GTX680 4Gb
    intel i7 950 @ 3.07GHz @ 3.4GHz 12Gb

I am running everything on max. I would have thought that my computer would have been able to running rfactor 2 on max. Also I have light senses on my ram and cpu. They are all green which means the temperatures are normal. They don't ever go orange or red. If it is an overheating issue, are there any other signs I should look for?

4. amwarrior93

amwarrior93 Registered

Hey I think it may have been an overheating issue. I ran everything on the lowest settings just to test out if it could have been an overheating issue and it didn't crash at all after 30 minutes. Now join to up the settings a bit and see if it all goes well. Thank you for your help!!

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Check CPU temps with "Real Temp"

Turn your CPU to default clocks and voltages and test high settings again, leave real temp running.

Overclocking could also be hot motherboard.

Bit hard to know without more detailed specs.

6. amwarrior93

amwarrior93 Registered

I think over heating may be the problem. I have turn the graphics to medium and it seems to be going well. I will find out how hot it gets. What temperatures are considered to be in the normal range? Sorry for the stupid question, but I just got into PC gaming and don't know much about all this

7. amwarrior93

amwarrior93 Registered

I used the nvidia system monitor and cpu 1-4 ranged from 72-75 degrees celsius