Error While Registering Mod - Mod ID

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Wizard_TPG, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Wizard_TPG

Wizard_TPG Registered

Hi All

I am trying to create a virtual mod so I can host a rf2 dedicated server.
    I have previously done this with no issue.

In MAS2 I am creating the vmod package and when I press package I am presented with the normal register package dialog.
    I enter my email and password and press register now and I am presented with "Error While Registering Mod - Mod ID"

This is on a completely fresh rFactor 2 (ver 240) install.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

2. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Hi , When you launch rf2 and the launcher pops up does it show you as logged in ? It should say "welcom 'your name' Enjoy rfactor2" ?
    The reason i ask is iv'e made many vmods and never have I ever had to enter my email and password when i package the vmod , all the info should already be there so you should only need to hit regester, let it do it's thing, then hit "done" .. ??

Just a guess but I think it has somthing to do with the ISI regestration /server not seeing you .. ?

Did you do a defalt install or did you create the folders in a defrent dir ?

Check all your paths and make sure they all go to where your install is ..?

Or it could be a corupt file in the vmod ... ?

hope you get it sorted ..

3. Wizard_TPG

Wizard_TPG Registered

ok
    I have tried creating different vmods with different tracks and cars.
    In all cases I am getting the same results.

The vmod is packaged and I can install it fine and host my dedicated server with it.
    The problem is without the mod registration the server will not show up in the rfactor server listing.

Really need some help here guys because I cannot get this dedicated server up unless I can figure this out.
    :(

Additional information and things I have tried:
    - I have tried completely disabling all firewalls
    - I have tried making the vmod in mas2 while logged in to rfactor 2
    - I have tried typing in email/password in mas2 to register and also have tried not doing this

Other Information:
    - I have previously successfully created a vmod on this server before a few weeks ago

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2013
  4. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

In earlier builds, you could get the Submit ID from the server window itself, as seen here (Mine is blurred because I'm not too sure how secure it can be).

[​IMG]

I think you can also get it by double clicking the manifest file, but let me do some checking. This is a simpler way if I remember right, because you can copy and paste the Submit ID. Whereas, if you do it the first way, you will have to copy the ID manually.

Scott

5. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Okay, the second option is the quickest. Goto your rFactor2/Manifests folder and find the mod you want (in my case it is the "24hrs of ______ v1_147.mft" file). Open it with Notepad, then under the [Mod] section find the Signature= and copy that (it is your Submit ID). Please reply back if it helped or if I didn't explain it good enough.

Scott

6. Wizard_TPG

Wizard_TPG Registered

ok, I have the submit id.
    How to I use this to register the vmod though?

7. Wizard_TPG

Wizard_TPG Registered

Some more information. That submit id shows up in my dedicated server but "Match Status" never returns anything

8. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Give me a few more minutes, and I'll have some more instructions.

9. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Okay, Open up rFactor2 Launcher. Then goto the Purchase tab and press Manage Account.

[​IMG]

Then press Create Mod ID.

[​IMG]

Next, where it says Mod ID:, enter the mod ID that you got from ISI email. To doublecheck to make sure you have the right mod, you can press the CheckMark button next to where you entered the mod ID. Then enter your version number in the Version space. Last thing is, copy and paste the Submit ID that you found earlier in the space provided. Then press the Submit Mod button.

[​IMG]

10. Wizard_TPG

Wizard_TPG Registered

Well that all seemed to work ok.
    I created a mod id and then submitted the mod id fine.

I started the dedicated server and I still get no "Match Status" listed.

ps. Thanks for the help so far :)

11. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Hopefully someone else can get you going, I've got to get some rest now. But one more question before I leave for the night, Did you use the copy and paste method, or did you manually enter each number/letter? If you manually did it, doublecheck to see if you copied the ID correctly. Maybe I'm overlooking something, hopefully you can get it figured out, else I'll maybe have some more ideas in the morning.

Scott

12. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

I forgot to mention, if you need to crosscheck the ID with the ID you entered, you can press the View Mods at the bottom of the last screenshot, then click the mod you are working on and it should bring up info and the submit ID you entered. You can cross reference that with the Submit ID you found earlier.

Okay, got to get some sleep now.

Scott

13. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

I always make a *.mas file & *.rfm file with the name of the rfmod, just use an old one and rename it, werks every time

SS

14. Wizard_TPG

Wizard_TPG Registered

To answer your question I used the copy/paste method
    I havnt got an old vmod to use because when this first happened I thought a reinstall might fix it..... :/

15. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Hey Wizard_TPG, did you ever get it figured out? If not, try uninstalling your mod and create a new one (with a new ModID and new SubmitID) under a newer version number (example= 1.00 to 1.01 or whatever). Also, I don't remember the circumstances exactly, but used to when possibly uninstalling a mod, there would be a lingering manifest file in the Manifests folder that I had to get rid of.

Scott

16. Wizard_TPG

Wizard_TPG Registered

Over the last couple of days my server has been subjected to a number of attacks which has forced me to rebuild form scratch.
    I suspect that this issue may have been due to malware on the server.
    Ill let you know once I get it all working again and can install rf2

17. Spadge

Spadge Registered

I'm having the same problem - it worked last week, and every week before.

"Error while registering mod - Mod ID" is coming up when I try to register the mod in the Package Mod window.

I don't keep track of what car/track combos and their respective versions I make, each week I create a new mod for this week's race.

**Edit for fix found**

The Package Mod window had dropped the auto-fill username/password info.

18. Wizard_TPG

Wizard_TPG Registered

ok,
    I think my issue was due to malware
    On investigation I as also having issues with other applications on the server
    After completely rebuilding the server everything is working as it should.
    Thanks for the help guys. :)

19. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Sorry to hear of the possible malware issue, but GREAT to hear you got it working fine!