Need Advice on computer upgarde

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Paul_Ceglia, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

Hello! I need some advice on upgrading my computer for better performance in rfactor2 and only Rfactor2

Specs:
    MB EVGA X58 Tri SLI 1366 Socket
    Current CPU 920 OC to 4 ghz on air and super stable
    GPU's 3 5870's stock clocks
    1000watt PSU

I run a triple monitor setup @ 120hz @ 5040x1050

Im not sure on what to upgrade the CPU or the GPU? With advent of Silverstone my system is dogged down a bit and I want to get some more years out of my system. I would like to run a single card if possible Titan or GTX690 maybe??

I know the 690 has two GPU's my question with that is does the game see as SLI? Im put off with X fire and SLI because of micro stuttering and other issues. Ive had over the years

Thanks for all your time in advance!

Paul.

2. coops

coops Banned

to run 3 screens its best to go a 4gig or 6 gig card as you want as much memory buffer as possible. gtx680 4gig or titan 6gig. i use the evga gtx680 4gig and get FPS at silverstone 72 in the pits.

3. lopsided

lopsided Registered

I would like to hear from those running TRIPLE 120 or 144 hz monitors with a single card. I have a GTX 780 but fear I could not push enough FPS to benefit from a 120hz monitor, well, at least not without turning my high settings down. I have used Bart's guide and get great FPS but it's my understanding that I would have to get 120 fps consistently?? to benefit from a 120hz monitor. Yes, no?

Anyone with personal experience using triple 120's with rF2 and what card and results they are getting...

4. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Why would that be?

5. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Yes and no, it does look better when you have solid 120fps but it doesn't look too bad when it drops below, you may not even notice until you see some tearing or unclear motion.