Graphics Card Ram Not being seen

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by RacerXtc, Jul 11, 2013.

1. RacerXtc

RacerXtc Registered

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yeah I've had this 'problem' too, it only read 1600mb for my 3GB Radeon 7970 card. In config file you can change your RAM, but I'm not sure it's working. Not sure if it's a problem anyway. With highest settings you should use more than 700mb.

With my new GTX 690 it works, it reads 4GB.

3. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

In the RF2 Core folder there is a file called "Config", that you can open with Notepad. If you look down the lines of text you will see two lines starting like this..

SystemRAM=
    VideoRAM=

In the top line you will change the numbers to whatever amount of RAM your system has.

In the second line you will change the numbers to 3072.. the amount of RAM on your video card.

For some strange reason RF2 has another Config.ini file in your RF2 UserData folder, so make the same changes there and save both files.

4. RacerXtc

RacerXtc Registered

I changed those yesterday.. still no diff on config screen and games seems a little slow 35 fps . ? I don't know should be better than that.. But thanks Might just be bug I hope it uses more than 700 megs ram but with frame rate at 35 hard to tell

5. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Download MSI afterburner and run it while playing rF2, and you can see how much vram it is using.

But as I said, config said I had only 1600mb ram with my 7970, but it was using more than that with triple monitors. rF2 won't limit your vram to 700mb, it just fail to read it correctly, of some reason... If you're running out of vram I'm sure you will notice it. I don't think it would be very playable.

Your 660 should be able to run rF2 with more than 35 fps, but that depends on your settings. For example, I see that you are using level 8 Anti-Aliasing, you should lower it, or set AA from Nvidia control panel. Also do not use FXAA together with AA, choose one of them. And I guess you have high/max settings in-game to(?), so lower them all to medium/high, especially shadows and road/environment reflections to low.

6. RacerXtc

RacerXtc Registered

Thanks Hedlund.. I'll try that... Love the game Thanks for your help Guys